Wattpad Original
There are 19 more free parts

stealth

noun ~ cautious and secret action or movement

I was in my wolf form, Pollux and Sean at either side of me.

We were trailing along the border, the magical hum bristling our fur. We were waiting for them to come, to take the bait again. I couldn't see beyond the border and Sean claimed he couldn't see anything but trees and the strong urge to walk away.

I blended my fur against Pollux as we came to a stop. Our wolves were practically identical except for the fact he had a piece of his ear chewed off. He had claimed it was a trophy from his first solo rogue attack.

Sean's larger grey wolf stood to our flank, his huge head scanning the surroundings. Why'd you stopped?

I flicked my tail and glanced at him over my shoulder. She's nearby.

'Who is?' He panted, tongue licking at his snout.

Raven. She's close. I murmured.

As if by fate, the border began to shift and ever so gently it rose. I lowered my head to peer underneath; she had only risen it three feet. As I squinted through the darkness I saw her feet standing nearby. She was alone, and no doubt risking everything.

I glanced at my back up and with a silent nod, I made my way through. I felt the immediate disconnection from my pack as I entered. I shifted once I was under and faced her bruised body. She was hunched over slightly, wincing as she leaned to one hip.

"I'm glad you're okay." She whispered.

I smiled at her as Pollux shifted beside me. "I'm glad you're alive."

She smiled but glanced at Pollux with hesitance. "You two found each other."

Pollux nodded and crossed his arms. "We did. You're in so much trouble Raven, your mother is so upset-"

"I know." She huffed. "I had to do it. If I didn't it would be her and she wouldn't have been able to handle it. They would've beaten her and she's old, and she wouldn't have been able to kill Eris."

Pollux glanced at me nervously. Gaia's sister.

He sighed as he turned back to face her. "I know. But we are here to help now."

She smiled softly. "I know. The possible futures have dwindled going by the fact you survived the mate bond."

I blinked in surprise. "You knew I was going to do that?"

She shrugged. "I am not as good as my Mum...but yes, there was a future in which you began to grow close and he would take the bullet, but it was undecided on whether you'd mark him or not. A lot of small possibilities lead to it, so I'm kind of glad you did because it's easy for me to let you in here now. The good outcomes for me are better than the bad."

'For her.' Cel grunted. 'She said outcomes for her, not us.'

I hummed and eyed Raven wearily. "So you will lower the border?"

She chuckled. "I let you in didn't I? And I've covered your scents."

I nodded and glanced at Sean. He was surveying the area, his hackles raised and on high alert. He would tell me if anything was wrong.

"And my mate and the others?" I asked.

She paused and glanced at Pollux. "It depends."

"Depends?" He growled.

"Yes."

I went to snap back but she had disappeared in an instant leaving behind a gentle shimmer.

Pollux growled. "I hate it when she does that."