Wattpad Original
There are 14 more free parts

consolation

noun ~ the comfort received by another person after loss or disappointment

I had left the cabin ahead of Phoenix with my fingers fidgeting at the mess of my hair. He didn't seem to care to fix himself, a rather smug expression on his face as he walked behind me. His hair was dishevelled and his skin flushed. The smell of arousal left behind in the cabin was at the far corners of my mind now.

His hand met the small of my back and gave a gentle push towards my right. I looked at him strangely but he mouthed a 'go' in response. I glanced to where he was looking and was immediately flooded with relief at the sight of the two brunettes.

"Miley! Maisie!" I cried, running towards them.

They turned around in time to embrace me, my body sandwiched between theirs as we laughed in a saddened joy. I pulled away to study them and realise how exhausted they truly looked. My eyes began to tear as I remembered how awful it would've been for them.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry I left you." I cried.

Miley smiled softly and cupped my head in her hands. "It's okay, it's okay."

I shook my head and sniffed back the tears. "It's not! I left you! I was gone and left you here."

"You got out Nova, it's more than any of us could do. Whatever miracle that got you out has saved us all." Maisie smiled.

I frowned as I recalled the reason, my eyes wandering to the mass of blood and flesh by the key hook. A couple of wolves had glanced at him and laughed at the state of his body. My second kill.

"I wouldn't say it was a miracle." I mumbled.

"He didn't get that far, did he?"

I glanced between them and saw Phoenix in the distance suddenly tense up. I knew he was listening to our conversation and no doubt could feel all of my guilt through the bond.

"No, but he got me good." I breathed. "I nearly died trying to get out of here!"

The tears began to flow heavier and I noticed the twins started to tear up in response. Small ohs escaped their lips as once again we embraced each other. We cried to ourselves, the emotions controlling us all. We were relieved and glad it was over, but I still felt so guilty for having to abandon them.

"You didn't abandon us silly." Miley teased.

"I was gone for days." I sniffed, pulling away from them.

"Yeah you were, but from what people have said you were nearly dead. So we're even." Maisie chuckled.

I smiled at her and thanked her for lighting the moment. A sombre expression fell upon my face as I realised I was gone for a while and missed out on any events.

"What happened when I left?"

They shared a look and I knew they were debating on telling me so I crossed my arms to try and look defiant.

Miley sighed. "The guy that hurt you came back saying he had killed you. The leader was mad and made him serve as patrol for most nights... but he took a new girl each night and well...you know."

Her voice had trailed off to whisper and I frowned knowing that I had caused girls to be defiled. If anything I began to feel worse now for leaving.

"But you had to go." Maisie rubbed my arm. "You're stronger than you give yourself credit for Nova. And you're our Luna now, we trust you."

I blushed as she hinted at my mark and I found my hand fluttering to graze my neck. "Thank you, just take it easy. Back up will be here soon."

They nodded and I gently made my way out of the conversation when a particular girl caught my eye. Her big brown eyes were staring up at everyone in fear as she remained huddled in her cage.