Wattpad Original
There are 63 more free parts

barren

adjective ~ to poor to produce much; bleak and lifeless

I had sat there in the office stewing over the fact the Alpha was too much of a wuss to talk to us himself. Charlie tried to bargain and say it was better he spoke to us because the Alpha would've snapped and potentially hurt Sean.

He was probably right, but the rest of the conversation regarding me was unnecessary. He should be a normal mate and ask me the questions himself.

Now I was sitting in the living room, trying to focus my attention on the television with no hope. I was bored and my mind was distracted. There were wolves around me all talking and laughing over something Sheldon did on TV but I couldn't be bothered to talk to them.

Sean hadn't taken the news well, that Phoenix had been listening and so he had stormed over to his office soon after. Charlie chased behind him and gave me an apologetic smile.

I wanted to follow; the curiosity was killing me. I should've done, but I really couldn't be bothered with more drama.

A slam of a door came from down the hallway and I looked up in interest since it came from near Phoenix's office. Heavy booted footsteps made their way down the hall, I made out two sets of feet.

When they came closer to the living room, I turned to I could see who was coming. To my surprise, it was both Sean and Phoenix. I gasped when I saw the black bruise healing on Phoenix's jaw and a blood smear along Sean's cheek. I was relieved to see they were relatively okay though. I assumed they fought.

Phoenix's hazel eyes were blank as they rounded the corner. The living room being open plan meant there was a huge gap for them to hover in. His eyes met mine and with a determination, he stalked his way over to me.

My eyes widened and I reached my hands out in caution, but he took that as an easy attack and before I knew it, I was flying before landing over his shoulder. He had lifted me gently, but the nature of his actions took me by surprise.

The few wolves in the room had gone silent at the intrusion and I lifted myself on his back to see where we were going. They stared at me with doe-like expressions as Phoenix began to carry me away. They no doubt thought I was going to my doom, heck, I thought I was too.

"Where are we going?" I shrieked, unable to hold myself up for long.

Cel purred as we stayed flopped over his shoulder, her fondness for his back profile taking over. I could feel her arousal and cursed her name to calm down or it'd get us nowhere. We were meant to be angry at him right now.

"Sean?" I wondered, looking to where he stayed in the hall.

Phoenix growled beneath me and I whimpered when Sean shook his head with a tight lip. I could see the want to follow in his eyes, but I could only assume Phoenix had commanded him to stay put.

We walked for a few minutes, eventually going outside into the summer heat. Anytime someone so much as looked at us Phoenix growled at them.

The sound of a door opening piqued my curiosity as unfamiliar smells hit my face. It smelt sweet and somehow green. I lifted my head to see where we were but soon, I was pulled down from Phoenix's back.

He steadied me on my feet, his hands holding my waist as the blood rushed to my legs. I didn't meet his gaze, unhappy with him manhandling me. So instead, I kept my arms crossed and looked around the room we were in.

It was a dusky, dark yet huge shed. I could make out the smell of mud, compost, and the metal twinge of tools.

"W-what is this place?" I whispered.