Wattpad Original
There are 53 more free parts

BONUS ~ interest

noun ~ to the feeling of wanting to know or learn about something or someone

PHOENIX

takes place the first time nova shifts

Once my mate had left the office, I turned to face the Alphas. They were nervous, sweat beading on their foreheads. They were hiding something I was sure of it.

"I'm so sorry again Alpha, Nova is a great hostess. She's just had a rough life." Damien apologised.

I raised an eyebrow, crossing my leg so my foot rests on my knee. "Oh? An Omega in a pack this size I hope she's not given too much workload."

He shifted slightly and glanced at Steven briefly. "Nova is an orphaned child. We... found her washed up, covered in bleeding, blistering burns as an infant. We placed her with a good omega family. She's a kind girl... she just doesn't have a lot of strength."

Ares grumbled and I leaned forwards in curiosity. "She is a wolf? She does not smell full wolf."

I also wonder why her wolf did not meet mine. It was almost vacant in her mind.

Steven shook his head. "She is a wolf. We believe she's from Crescent Moon..."

Crescent Moon was a pack in the north that was taken down under orders of the King around seventeen years ago. My father led the attack. They were conspiring to overthrow the crown, helping fugitive rogues to live in their land undercover. Most of the pack was annihilated but some escaped with barely their fur intact.

"How old is she?" I asked.

He swallowed and I watched him as his nerves seemed to rise. "She is twenty... please do not make us banish her."

Why would they be so worried about me banishing her? Was it to do with the affection Damien had shown? Were they so attached to her in more ways than an Alpha should be? Their nervous disposition made me suspicious. But being twenty would work with the time frame they suggested.

I hummed and ran my hand across my jaw. The door opened rather harshly, and I watched as my mate entered the room again. Her long hair was out of its tie, cascading down past her hips. She breezed by me, shielding her face from view as she placed the coffee on the table beside me.

She hurriedly scrubbed at the floor; her face covered from view. My hand itched to push the long hair from her face. I wanted to claim her and take her away, but I needed to discover my business here. About their treatment of their pack. If she had no wolf, I dreaded seeing her having to fight against anyone who wanted her Luna position. I wouldn't lose her; she was so delicate and soft looking, and she was mine.

I kept my gaze on Steven as he cleared his throat and shuffled some paperwork. Damien sat beside him, watching my mate as she began to pack away her cloths.

She stood to her feet, and I winced slightly as her knees shook beneath her. Her clothes were form-fitting despite the apron she wore, and she looked so thin and pale. I had guessed it was a biological trait, but something sparked interest in me. She was almost ethereal.

"Thank you, Nova," Steven muttered, dismissing her.

I watched her from the corner of my eye, taking my coffee from the table. It smelt great, and as I sipped it tasted great too. No doubt the one that had coated the floor tasted just as good. She had spent a lot of time in the kitchen as her work, I could tell.

She rose from her bow, her hair flying as she spun to leave. Her scent wafted through the air, powerful enough to make me eager to submit to her bidding. Her beauty was incredible, but the sudden waft of blood had my full attention turning to her.