Wattpad Original
There are 43 more free parts

cold

adjective ~ at a low or relatively low temperature

PHOENIX

We concluded the meeting at 10 o'clock.

After we decided that Nova is who Pollux think she is, and she may be cursed, it made a lot of sense. If Nova really was a Lycan, then she was so much more than she thought she was.

As soon as I got her back, I knew I had to tell her everything I found out. I didn't care about waiting anymore, the distance between us and not knowing if she was alive or not was driving me insane. She deserved her peace, she deserved happiness.

When I came to realise this, it was too late and I knew she resented me. So, I took her to the hill in hopes to have some closure, but I think I had left her more confused than before.

I always struggled with emotions. As an Alpha's son, I was made to be this way. Strong men didn't need emotions to rule a pack; you thought, you reacted and that was it. I was taught to not show any feelings because they were weak, and you looked brave and strong without them.

But what I didn't learn was that my little mate could take that all away. That Nova would be my weakness, not my emotions. I had ruined a perfectly good start to our relationship because of it.

I was stressed, traitor tears pooling in my eyes. I had stayed in my office as the others left to go to bed. I sighed and eyed the papers on my desk. We had a plan of sorts, and it was to use Gaia as some kind of magical bait. We had no idea where the enemy wolves resided so we would have to travel around.

A map on my wall had pins in every pack they had hit. They made no sense until you put them in order of pack numbers. They had started with the bigger packs before moving on to the smaller ones, such as mine. They raided them in the early morning or late evening but there seemed to be no timetable for the attacks. The one before mine had been 3 weeks prior but I got the news that a pack had been invaded this morning. They were sporadic and careless in a way. Which made them harder to catch.

Bigger packs meant it was easier to capture wolves in the woods as border control was usually more strained. I had a lot of land but my wolves were warriors; they could move and fight better than any other. Not to be cocky, but it's true. They just used poison to knock mine out and take the females.

So, if my guesses were correct, they would try to hit a pack called Atlas next. They were a small pack near the mountains. Sean and I were going to travel. Sean claimed he was fine for the journey. We would take half our warriors and the witch and hope if we hung around their borders, we would find their movement. I already had permission from the Atlas Alpha and told him to keep his females in close pack land over the next week.

I sighed and walked over to my patio doors. It had clouded over outside, and I frowned at the rain that poured. If there were any scents in the first place, they would've been washed away. But there wasn't; just a trail of ash in their path to hide their course. My heart ached as I stared beyond the darkening trees. I missed her and it was killing me to not go and hunt her down.

A loud rumbling of thunder sounded in the distance, but I kept my gaze on the setting sun. I gazed in longing, wishing for nothing else than to be sat beside Nova on the hill watching it fade away. She would be mesmerised, her mouth parting as the sun changed to a new colour. She would gaze across the trees and admire the greenery and small animals that dare not come close. I couldn't help that they were afraid of me, but every creature that caught the scent of me would run.

She would sigh in contentment, her head on her hands as she laid down, or her head on her knee if she sat. The sun would cast a beautiful glow on her pale skin, lighting it up with a new life.