Wattpad Original
There are 39 more free parts

brother

noun ~ male sibling

I blinked at Phoenix in confusion before bursting into laughter. He seemed so serious but what could he possibly mean meet my brother? Leo was right beside me, was he blind?

"Brother? My brother is here."

I looked up at Leo to see his lips set in a grim line. Looking around everyone was serious and I felt the laughter die down in my chest. My mind became muddled and I started to question if I was making this all up.

"I'm confused." I started.

Charlie chuckled and I glared at him so he just held his hands up.

"Once you're deemed healthy to stand and go, we will take you to him," Phoenix spoke.

"Take me to who?" I frowned.

"Your brother," Leo added.

"You're my brother." I stared at him. "Is this a mess with the sick person joke?"

Leo chuckled and shook his head. "Brother by adoption... A lot has happened Nova, you need to know."

I blinked in surprise. A blood brother? I thought all my blood family were killed? What had they discovered whilst I was gone? Why was it so serious?

I instinctively turned my attention back to Phoenix, his arms back to being crossed at his chest. Cel, although just as confused as I was, snapped out of her daze to purr at the sight of her mate. I knew he felt the pull because his eyes darkened at her approval. I felt myself blushing and looked away at my hands.

"Okay. Whatever this is, whatever is going on, I'll listen." I whispered.

"Good." Leo chuckled, nudging me.

I rolled my eyes, a smile playing on my lips. "So what now?"

Charlie grinned. "First of all, we are all going to leave so you can get yourself checked over."

I nodded as they all began to say goodbye and follow Charlie out of the room. Phoenix followed them and I felt my heart clench at the thought of being alone in here. But he didn't leave, simply held the door as his head disappeared behind it.

When he came back, Doctor Kate was following behind. She grinned at me, her eyes scanning my form on the bed.

"You're looking so much better." She chirped. "I will do what I did previously; check you over and your vitals. If you could eat your breakfast that would be great. Then once you look all good I'll take out your catheter."

My eyes widened at the thought I clenched my jaw together. She noticed my instant fear because her cool hand came to rest on my forearm.

"It's not bad, I promise. It's a little tube that I simply deflate and pull out. You will hardly feel it." She assured me.

Phoenix's soft expression came to stand beside me and he turned the hospital table so it was over me. I thanked him with a smile and picked up the croissant. It was a chocolate one, even better.

As I ate my breakfast and downed half a pitcher of water, courtesy of waiter Phoenix, Kate kept busy checking my obs. When I finished and it was time for the catheter I found myself squeezing my eyes shut and clenching the sheets in my fists. I hated hospitals.

Phoenix's warm hand covered one of mine in comfort and I darted my gaze to him. He gave me a small smile, unclenching my fingers with his own.

"There, all done. Wasn't that bad was it?" Kate chuckled taking her equipment away to the doctor's table.