Wattpad Original
There are 86 more free parts

mate

noun ~ a werewolf's counterpart or other half

NOVA

I was so close to getting that drink in his hand, so close that the touch of our skins sent an intense electric shock throughout my entire being. It ignited a fire in my chest and mind that cause me to convulse.

'MATE!'

I shrieked in alarm at the intruding voice in my head and in the heat of the moment my fingers had unclenched. I watched in slow motion as the glass tumbled from my grip, his hand not secure enough around the handle for it to not fall.

With a clatter, the warm coffee splattered all over the floor and up the legs of the alpha. My eyes darted up in alarm, my mind working ahead of my body's actions. I was dead, so dead.

"S-s-sorry-

I came face to face with angry eyes. My mind fuzzed over as the vibrance of the green and gold colours swirled and encompassed my brain.

'Mine.' A low purr vibrated through my head.

I jumped at that voice again. Who was that voice? I didn't have a mind-link!

A chorus of voices shouted at once, all asking for the alpha's attention. My eyes glanced around worriedly as the three men with him stood and surrounded me, but the beta remained sitting. Arms clasped at my biceps and shoulders and I found myself trapped by the grasp of two of his men; the other stood behind me.

The fog clouded my senses as my eyes met those hazel-honied beauties once again. I watched as his pupils dilated and he cocked his head, studying me. He seemed... as confused as I was.

"Alpha!" A voice made me jump. "I am assuming you would like this young lady escorted to the yard-

Steven interrupted. "Please don't-

Damien tried. "She didn't mean-

However, it was the Alpha who stood out.

His voice kept me mesmerised as I maintained eye contact, and I felt a shiver of delight run down my spine.

"No."

"No... Sir?" the man holding me wondered.

"No." His voice was enchanting, words like silk as they caressed my ears.

I could listen to that voice all day.

'Mine.' The intruder purred.

That voice, however, was freaking me out. How was someone in my head when I hadn't shifted? Was this a dream? Am I dying? Oh god, I'm dying. I hit my head last night and I'm imagining this all whilst in a coma. Or better yet, the alpha has already killed me on the spot.

I'm dead. Oh, Mum! Dad! I'm sorry!

My heart darted to Damien suddenly as he spoke with authority. "Alpha Titan, I am so sorry. I do not know what happened there. Nova is a great hostess-

"Nova..." He mused.

I shuddered at my name, my eyes closing as a moment of pleasure wracked my bones and goosebumps graced my skin. Steven glanced at me worriedly from the corner of my eye and stood to his feet like his father.

"Please do not harm her." Steven spoke.

"Nova...?" The alpha ignored him.

The man behind me nudged me, causing a whimper to escape my throat. I watched as the alpha's gaze hardened, his eyes not leaving mine. I swallowed harshly, my throat feeling hoarse, like I had slept all day. This man was terrifying. His hands could crush my neck in one grip, his body could suffocate me easily.