Wattpad Original
There are 36 more free parts

phone call

noun ~ an instance of speaking to someone through a mobile or telephone

The day had grown dark as the sun began to set. I watched it from Phoenix's office, through his patio windows. They were busy deciding on plans whilst I tried to get my head around the information I had gathered.

My entire life was literally for nothing. I wasn't an Omega werewolf, my Alpha wasn't who he said he was. I was potentially bullied on purpose? That one didn't make sense, surely people are not that bad to make every day a misery.

"Is that okay with you Nova?"

I snapped out of my face and looked at Phoenix. "Sorry?"

He smiled softly. "Call your parents now?"

I swallowed the nerves I felt but nodded in agreement. We had decided not to tell Alpha Steven that I had been kidnapped so we could gauge their reaction.

I took the phone from Phoenix's grip and dialled my Dad's mobile number. I haven't called them in two weeks so I'm sure they would be worrying. It rang for a while and just as I went to hang up, it clicked in answer.

"Hello?"

I chewed on my lip, trying to fight back the overwhelming rush of emotions at the sound of my Dad's voice.

"Dad?"

"Nova? Oh my gosh Nova, are you alright?"

"Yeah Dad, I'm o-okay. Is Mum there?"

"Of course Ember..." He murmured before muffling the phone. "Lulu! Get your ass out of the toilet it's Nova!"

I heard Charlie chuckle and I gave him a confused look. He pointed to his ears and mouthed 'wolf hearing' which made me feel a little awkward because they would be able to hear everything that was said.

"Nova? What where?" I heard my Mum shout.

"On the phone!" Dad moaned. "What are you accomplishing woman, get over here."

I heard Mum's chiming giggle before the sound of the phone moving met my ears.

"Nova?"

"Hey, Mum." I breathed.

"You're on speaker honey." Dad chimed.

"What's going on? We haven't heard from you in days. Then we got a phone call from your brother saying he met his mate at your pack and we expected to hear from you but then we didn't and-and then the next time Leo called he said that something was going on and he needed to fix it... Nova, Nova, what is going on?" Mum rambled.

I sighed. "Mum I'm okay. I'm safe at home."

I heard her inhale a wary breath. "I was so worried Nova. I heard wolves had been kidnapped from your pack and I thought the worst."

I winced and cast a glance at Phoenix. He gave me a small frown before shaking his head

"Yeah, they took some girls near the border," I mumbled. "I'm okay though, don't worry about me."

"Oh, I'm so glad." She shakily laughed. "I thought when I hadn't heard from you in so long something happened and it was you in trouble."

I nibbled my lip, the thought of lying to them was hurting me. "I'm okay Mum, promise."

"Well, we know you would be. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for Ember." Dad chuckled. "I said to Steven you would be fine."

The men in the room suddenly leaned forward and I swallowed at the intense looks I was being given.