Wattpad Original
There are 35 more free parts

gaia

name ~ earth personified as a goddess

I woke to the sound of my alarm alone. The sheets beside me were still warm which meant Phoenix wasn't gone for long. I had thought it was a dream, but his smell encompasses my entire room.

I eyed my clock to see it was almost nine and I remembered I was going to meet Pollux and Gaia for breakfast.

I hurried out of bed, my legs aching after being restless all night. It was another gloomy rainy day today so I chose just a lightweight baggy jumper and leggings today.

I made my way out of my room and downstairs. Wolves that saw me seemed surprised. I didn't blame them; it hadn't been announced that I was back. I noticed they muttered to others around them and I grimaced at the thought of the gossip.

"Ah Nova, I was just looking for you."

I turned to give Pollux a small smile. "Morning, where are we eating?"

The truth was I didn't have much of an appetite today. The anxious grief I was feeling for not going to help the girls was eating me alive.

"Gaia is already in the dining room waiting. She knew we'd come to her." He smiled.

My eyes widened but I nodded and followed his lead. Whilst he helped himself to the breakfast buffet I surrendered to the tired and make myself a coffee. I wasn't a huge coffee fan but when I was tired and sluggish I liked the kick it gave me.

Once Pollux was ready he gave me a reassuring smile. "She's not that bad."

Easy for you to say. The last time I saw her she kept giving me weird stares.

I followed behind him into the dining room and towards the far corner. There sat the older lady from the kitchen; the one who scolded me for using the dishwashers. The one who knew my name.

She sat hunched over a bowl of what appeared to be granola and berries. Sniffing, I could detect nothing but wolf still; her disguise was a good one. Her chocolate brown eyes caught my gaze and she smiled in greeting.

"My dear, come, come sit. You too Pollux." She patted the tabletop.

I hesitantly took the seat opposite her and beside Pollux. She beamed at him before glancing down at my solo cup of coffee.

"Not the appetite today dear?" She questioned.

I shook my head. "Not today."

She smiled gently. "It's okay. A lot has gone on from what I figured out."

I nodded. "Yeah, it's all rather confusing."

"Well I take it Polly told you who I was?"

Cel snorted at the nickname and I gave Pollux a side glance in amusement. He rolled his eyes before continuing to eat his food.

"Yeah, he said you're the witch who cursed us and raised him."

She winced a little when I mentioned the curse but gave me a sad smile. "Your mother pleaded it of me, I felt obliged. She trusted me, a stranger to look after the children... but I am an Oracle you see, I knew I had to be there when I envisioned the lands burning down. Turns out the reason I was called there was to look after you two."

I frowned. "But...how did I end up so separated? Why don't I remember anything?"

She frowned. "I'm not sure. The trees were burning so fast, that they just began to collapse. When your mother got crushed by one Pollux was crying and screaming so hard he fell unconscious. I remember wishing you'd be okay but from his reaction and then to him not being able to feel you at all... I couldn't intervene with nature's way of things. I could only hope you were found safe."