Wattpad Original
There are 34 more free parts

takeover

noun ~ an act of assuming control of something

I clenched my fingers around the coffee mug, staring down at the bitter granules left behind. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do but I was going to figure it out on my way.

"You alright dear?" Gaia asked.

I looked away from the mug to smile at her. "Yeah, I just... it's been nice talking to you... I just gotta... go do something."

Her eyes flashed in knowing as she patted my hand on the mug. "It's lovely to see you again. I'm sorry I can't help with forgetting your past, it could be simply the age gap or the trauma. Being nearly burned alive is going to scar deeper than physically."

I wrinkled my nose up at the image of pain but nodded. "Maybe, I'll figure it out one day."

She grinned. "You will. Now off you go Luna, he'll be looking for you any second now."

I frowned as she pulled her hand away, confused at her words. Who was he? Who was looking for me now?

"Nova?"

Ah, Phoenix.

Gaia's eyes brightened as he stepped toward us. I stood from my chair and turned around to face him, mug in hand. I was surprised when his face relaxed at the sight of me. Even more so when his hands came to cup my cheeks and press a kiss on my forehead. I was sure I was blushing, my brain not handling the sudden intimacy.

"Morning Alpha." Gaia chimed.

Phoenix dropped his hands from my face and stepped beside me. One of his arms came around me, his hand resting on the small of my back.

"Morning Gaia, hope you're okay today. I'm afraid I need to steal Nova away from you." He chuckled.

She kept her large grin and nodded. "Of course, of course. I know you have a lot to do today. Be safe."

I eyed her sceptically when her gaze lingered back over me. She was going to forever freak me out, as kind as she was. The fact she could see my future and what I was going to do, or how she knows my life more than I do.

Pollux stands his empty plate in his hand. "Let's go."

I frowned at him, my twin brother, as he led the way to Phoenix's office. It was still so weird knowing I had blood family out there, Lycan blood of all kinds. We may be twins but he was still different in ways. We held the same eyes; from the colour to even the shape.

His hair was paler than mine, curling at the ends whereas mine was relatively straight and more a honey colour since I began to eat healthier. He was fairly short compared to the dominating wolves in this pack, perhaps the same height as Molly. He was lean yet toned, his skin pale like mine. His nose was more angular with higher cheekbones and neatly kept eyebrows. Oh, he definitely groomed them, there was no way they were that even.

He sank himself into a chair and I noticed the sigh of satisfaction as he leaned into the back of it. He held himself so strongly, that I was surprised he was practically a rogue wolf most of his life.

That made me think.

"Pollux?" I began, sitting beside him.

His green eyes turned to me in mild curiosity. His hand ran through his hair before setting it on the arm of the chair, his foot crossed over his knee. He wore jeans and a smart shirt today, some kind of brown boot on his feet.

"Yes?" He mused.

"When you shifted... what did you do?"

He smirked. "I went to our cousin's families and trained with them a bit. Me and you are the last of our bloodline, so I needed to learn more about us. I stayed there for a couple of years, switching packs with each season change. Then this last year I just roamed around exploring, I was visiting them in the spring when I felt you shift. And here I am."