Wattpad Original
There are 33 more free parts

plan

noun ~ a detailed proposal for doing or achieving something

"How soon can we move my parents?" I asked.

Phoenix's had snapped up from where he had been scribbling words into a notepad. His eyebrows knit together in confusion as he stared at me.

"Move them?"

I nodded. "Just temporarily...I don't like the idea of them being there whilst this goes down."

His eyes lightened in realisation and he gave me a small smile. "I can arrange a taxi to bring them here by six o'clock this evening."

"How long is the drive? My mum will moan about car sickness so got to consider that." I chuckled, waving my pencil at him.

"Half six it is." He mused. "I'll have a room made up on your floor if you like."

I grinned, happy he was so willing to move my parents to safety. For a moment I wondered if he empathised with my fear, having lost both of his.

"That'll be amazing. Thank you." I breathed.

He smiled and nodded at me before grabbing his desk phone. I watched as he typed in some numbers before almost instantly a man picked up on the other line. He was phoning a taxi company, and I listened intently as he organised the transfer for two hours from now. Once he was done he handed the phone to me.

I dialled my mother's number and she picked up on the third ring. "Hello?"

"Mum it's me."

"Oh, Nova! Didn't expect a call so soon, what's the matter?"

I licked my lips, thinking of a good enough excuse. "I really miss you, and Leo really wants you to come to visit."

"Oh of course Nova! We can come anytime baby, I'll speak to Alpha-"

"Don't! No!" I panicked which made her pause. "I mean..."

"What's going on Ember?" Dad's voice suddenly came to the phone.

I pinched the bridge of my nose to stop the tears. "I just need you guys here, today. Please, I will explain everything when you are here... it's just... it's just not berry enough."

I heard them hesitate at the old code word we used to use. Berry was a simple world we could interpret into any conversation. They taught me that if I ever needed desperate help and couldn't find a way out, to call them and use the term, Berry. It was mainly for bad dates or creepy guys, but that never happened. So I hoped they would remember.

I heard them inhale and exhale simultaneously through the phone. The sound of it being passed between them rang through the speaker.

"Of course dear!" Mum chimed. "We will be there as quick as you can say strawberry."

Message understood.

"Okay, mum. I'll text you the location from a phone. Love you, bye."

We exchange final pleasantries before I hung up. I didn't have a mobile yet but I knew Phoenix had one I could use.

"Berry?" He wondered, passing me his phone without me even asking.

I blushed. "It's a code word. If I ever call them and use Berry they know they need to come help no matter what and don't talk to anyone but me."

He hummed and stayed silent, accepting the weird answer. I text my mum the details of the taxi and told them he knew where to go and not to worry until they were here. I got a prompt smiley and peace sign emoji so assumed that meant they were okay with that.