Wattpad Original
There are 6 more free parts

stranger

noun ~ a person whom one does not know or with whom one is not familiar

I melted at his words, losing the pent-up frustration from Sean's teasing. He had run back over to stand near his mate, conversing with a fellow warrior male who had come from our pack. I was surprised Alex wasn't here, being he was a strong warrior wolf, but he had stayed behind with Charlie. I could only guess it was for pack defences, just in case.

"What do you want to do?" Phoenix asked.

I looked around at the group of us, satisfied that they were enjoying themselves. A small group stayed huddled on the ground, and I only assumed they were not quite ready to open up to the change. But they were outside, and they made it here, and that's all that matters.

"The woman the Queen spoke of, where is she?" I asked, not seeing anyone who fit her description.

Phoenix was quiet and I looked at him to see his eyes fogged over as he stared at Sean. Sean had tensed at the mind-link but they must've conversed before Phoenix blinked back at me.

"She's still inside. Refuses to come out." He stated.

"Take me there."

"Nova, I don't think it's wise. She screams and attacks people who try to enter..." He shook his head.

I shook my head, "I have to see her. Something about her makes me want to know her. I never met her whilst I was there, she was locked in a cabin all the time. The thought of her case, of her, doesn't feel right. I need to know."

He studied me, honey eyes scanning my entire face with a frown. He sighed, his face relaxing in defeat at my stubbornness and finally nodded in agreement.

"I will come with you."

I grinned and took his hand, as he began to walk away. He looked down at me in pleasant surprise but I ignored the obvious and kept my hand firmly in his. He led me through the fields and around the back of the castle to another back door. This one lead to a small and narrow staircase that we ascended before coming to a stop at a long, carpeted hall.

He leads me down to the very end door, stopping nearby it. 'Are you sure?'

Yes. I nodded, eagerly.

He nodded in return and knocked on the door. There was muffled shifting, and sniffling sounds before a clatter of something hit the floor.

"Go away!"

"Please, we just want to talk," Phoenix replied.

"I don't want anyone here! Go away!" She shrieked and something banged against the door making me jump.

I frowned as Phoenix sighed and he tried again. "We just want to make sure you are okay."

"I was fine until you came and murdered my mate!"

Phoenix winced, "I apologise, but he was not a good man. None of them was, you are safe now with-"

"Safe? Safe?" She spat, before letting out a high-pitched scream that had both of us wincing.

Cel grumbled from within, becoming impatient. I inhaled deeply, taking in the human scent that lead me to realise she was still also wolf-less. She was fearful, afraid and cornered.

My heart fluttered in empathy, "Please, I would just like to speak to you."

I heard a sniffle and it fell quiet. "Who is that?"

"I'm Nova," I replied.

"The girl who ran?"

I sucked on my tongue for a moment, thinking of how to approach the situation. Would she be angry?