Wattpad Original
There are 56 more free parts

traveller

noun ~ a person who is travelling or who often travels

The next morning, I was woken by Molly rapidly shaking me. I groaned and smacked her hands away. We had stayed up late watching TV and I was too tired after the sparring matches.

"Wake up Nova, it's ten! The unmated wolves will be here soon."

I sighed and pulled myself upright in her bed. I rubbed my eyes in an attempt to wake up but found myself feeling zombified. Despite sleeping for eight hours, I did not feel ready to face strange wolves.

"Go get dressed, get out of my room! I gotta look fantastic!" She squealed. "Wait no! Stay! I need your opinion!"

I grumbled and stood from her bed. "I'm going to go get ready then I'll be back."

"Don't be long!" She called as I walked out of her room.

I lazily made my way to my room, overhearing excited chatter from wolves down the stairs. The large foyer and hallways made every sound amplified.

I slipped into my room and sighed in contentment. I inhaled the fresh air from my open window and slowly made my way to my bathroom to wash and get dressed. I chose a thin long-sleeved black top that I tucked into a pair of faded black jeans. It was cloudy today, but I felt comfortable in my outfit choice. I adorned some trainers and checked that I had successfully managed the knotted mess of hair.

Once satisfied, I went around and checked that all my plants had enough water in their soil. Most of them were fine, their leaves peeking up as the small sun rays came through my window. They were so dramatic at night, drooping their leaves and looking like I don't care for them... I couldn't wait to get back to my garden later.

I watered the ones that needed it before making my way back to Molly's room. Opening her door, I wanted nothing more than to turn around and run. Her entire wardrobe must've been laid out on her bed, including various types of underwear and heels.

"Where have you been!" She shrieked.

My eyes widened and I took a step backwards. The creek of the door had her eyes snap to me. She was wild. How I knew someone so crazy baffled me.

"Don't you take another step." She warned.

I swallowed and shook my head. I entered her room and kept it unlocked for good measure. You never know, she may charge if threatened.

I approached her carefully and looked at the spread of clothes. She had mainly dresses laid out, all different colours.

"I don't know what to pick!" She moaned.

I smiled sadly at her distress and pulled her hands to me. I pushed her backwards until she sat in her dresser chair and gave her the stay command. She frowned at me, and I hesitated beside her before turning my back on her. She better not attack...

"I'm not an animal." She mumbled.

I laughed and eyed the dresses. "What's your favourite colour?"

"Pink." She said without hesitation.

I threw all the non-pink dresses into a pile on the floor.

"Type of neckline?" I asked.

"Sweetheart or V." She mumbled.

I already knew her answers and had begun to put the rejects into the floor pile. I then threw the long ones into the pile as I knew she preferred thigh or knee length. Then went the sleeved ones, since it was warm, she'd complain about leaving marks. Then also went the dress that was too thick for summer.