Wattpad Original
There are 68 more free parts

headache

noun ~ a continuous pain in the head

NOVA

I begrudgingly woke up when a loud knock suddenly interrupted my slumber.

A heaviness settled in my head, accompanied by an ache in my jaw and chest, as I woke up. I tried to open my eyes, but the sudden intrusion of light hurt.

I groaned and rolled over, inhaling the sweet smell of my bedsheets. My head pounded from the movement, my stomach protesting in agreement. I felt sick. Why did I feel sick?

"You're awake finally." A voice cheered.

I groaned and swatted Sean away. "Too loud."

He chuckled, and I felt my bed dip from beside me. "It's nine in the morning and it is sparring day, Novie."

"Cancel it," I grumbled.

He chuckled softly. "No can do, come on."

"You're the gamma. You can cancel it because you run it." I grunted, peeking one eye open.

He smirked down at me, his hand coming to pat my shoulder. "How do you feel?"

"I ache. Everywhere."

He laughed, and I cursed at his abruptness. "I'm not surprised. You and Molly got absolutely sloshed on cocktails. You shouldn't mix drinks, Novie."

I groaned again, pulling myself into a sitting position. That's when I realised how bare I was. I shrieked and pulled my duvet back up.

"Why am I in my underwear?" I whisper-shouted.

He shrugged, glancing around my room. "We found you and Molly in your underwear. Dunno what you guys were up to, but your dresses were covered in mud. I suggest a shower; you vomited a few times. What's the last thing you remember?"

I sighed and thought about it. "Dancing to Gangnam style."

He laughed. "Wow, that was while you were still in my eyeline. I'd love to know what you got up to whilst you were drunk. You could not form a coherent sentence to save your life. Just screaming at me when I found you."

"Me too," I grumbled. "I'm gonna shower and take some medicine. I don't think my jaw and ribs should hurt like this."

"I think you fell over a few times. We found your heels in the fountain and your face was a filthy." He chuckled.

"Go away." I groaned. "S-stop making fun of me."

He stood and smirked. "Hey, I'm not the one who dragged you here. Alpha is responsible."

My eyes widened. "Shoot, he found me drunk? I've never been drunk before. I hope I didn't embarrass myself."

"Oh, you did." He laughed as he backed away towards the door.

I sent him evils. "Like what?"

He shrugged, one hand reaching behind to open the door. "You confessed your feelings to him. Something about him being a meanie, too, I think. Made little sense."

"No!" I wailed, throwing a pillow at him. "You better not b-be messing me."

He shook his head as he disappeared through the door. "You'll never find out!"

He shut the door before I could protest, the sudden feeling of being exposed overcoming me. Why did I strip to my underwear last night? I mean, I know in werewolf culture it was the norm to be naked, but I was nowhere near that comfortable.

I'm never drinking again.

I groaned in embarrassment and dragged my way to the bathroom. Running the shower to hot, I glanced down at my body in disgust. Grass stains and mud covered every inch of my skin. I could even see it embedded between my nails. My hair was no longer pretty and styled, but knotted and frizzy.