Wattpad Original
There are 62 more free parts

lyra

name/adjective ~ a small northern constellation

For the next two days, I cleared out the garden. Monday I spent most of my day hacking at the brambles and clearing them into a fire pile. I was surprised to see how large the greenhouses were once I had hacked it all away.

Tuesday aka today, I picked up the broken things I found inside them which included greenhouse panels, planters and pots. They were in another pile, for the landfill.

I wanted to spend all my time here but alas I had to train every morning still. Sean assured me I was doing well in training and we started to try new high intense muscle-building activities. Basically, he had me mixing weights and boxing more. I had gained ten pounds since being here, which is about 3 months so I was proud of myself. Kate was pleased too; I saw her every two weeks now on a Sunday evening.

So today, I was up at sunrise and training with Sean until 9.30 am. Then it was breakfast followed by an hour break inside. I tended to the garden area until lunch and went back to the garden until dinner, which is where I was now. The chefs have been busy lately since we have guests, but I wasn't complaining.

But all in I only spent about four hours a day out here, and I still had so much to do.

The person Sean told me would help couldn't until after the visitors have gone. Apparently, he was one of the tour guides aka he was the pack's secret security.

Speaking of the visitors, Miss Lyra insisted on having dinner with the pack in the evening. I kept my eye on her. Not knowing the intentions between the two Alpha blood, I wanted as much evidence as I could get before I dived in. She never strayed far from Phoenix in the beginning but at tonight's dinner she came in with just her 'friends'.

She had tried to speak to me once in passing but I pretended I didn't hear her and walked away. But right now, I could see her scanning the room, a bright smile on her face. Some of the pack were greeting her and bowing, but I had a feeling it was more in fear of Phoenix's oppression if they didn't.

I kept my head down whilst I ate but kept my ears focused on where she was. She had sat a table away next to some prettied-up she-wolves, her companions sat at a table next to her or stood against the wall.

"Miss Lyra, thank you for joining us."

I mentally groaned at the sound of Jade's voice, her tone got on my nerves.

"Thank you for inviting me. I thought it'd be nice to get to know some of Phoenix's pack members."

She called him by his first name?

Jade giggled. "How are you liking the pack so far?"

"Great, everyone is so welcoming. I'm trying to talk to as many of you as I can."

"There is a lot of us." Jade mused.

"Yes, there is." Lyra laughed. "I'm glad it's being organised so well, I've seen a few... strange things happen but it's great to be here."

I grunted, eating the rest of my dinner and leaning back in my chair. I could see them in the corner of my eyes, Jade had her back to me, but she was the closest.

"So, I heard that you were staying on the Alpha and Beta floor, what's it like up there?"

Lyra chuckled. "Well, it's all locked off for a reason. I've been staying in the Alpha guest room, it's just a bedroom."

Jade shuffled in her seat. "In his quarters? What's it like?"

I was getting more annoyed by the second by both of them. Lyra for apparently being so close to my mate and bragging about it, Jade being too nosey for my liking and both of them were setting Cel on edge.