Wattpad Original
There are 51 more free parts

feeling

noun ~ an idea or belief; an emotional state or reaction

I thought it would be a long two weeks but in fact; it was passing rather quickly. The group of travellers were staying longer to rest; it had been near a week already since they arrived. Sean had said they had rules or treaties with the travelling wolves that entitled them to a week of rest in a home every time they visited a pack.

I had barely seen Molly and Leo since Sunday; they had been cooped up in their own little love bubble. The man with the alluring green eyes would often cross my path, or I'd see him in the distance as he wandered the pack grounds. He never approached me, but I often found him staring.

On Tuesday Alex finally came to help me move the heavy things that I couldn't lift myself. He helped me move the broken ornaments and concrete slabs into the back of a pickup truck.

"So, what brings you to join this pack?" He asked.

I inhaled sharply as he placed the next slab into the truck with ease. "I wasn't treated fairly at my old pack and when Alpha saw potential in my wolf he took me in."

What a well-choreographed verse.

He nodded and wiped his hands together to be rid of the dirt. "That would make sense, you really kicked my ass."

I chuckled with a shrug. "What about you? Were you recruited?"

He nodded and gulped his drink. "I came from Blue Skies."

That triggered an interest in me. Blue Skies was my old pack's neighbour.

"Oh really? Small world. I came from Alpha Damien's pack!" I smiled.

His eyes widened. "No way? How is Alpha Damien?"

I shrugged. "Before I came here, he was beginning to retire and let Steven take over."

He chuckled dryly. "He still with Sophie?"

I gasped but he just gave me a smirk. "Yeah, he is. They're to be mated soon if he doesn't find his mate."

He hummed and picked up another slab. He didn't say anything as he carried it to the truck, but I could see his expression darkening.

"What's wrong?" I asked, stepping beside him.

He looked down at me with a harsh gaze, but his eyes softened at my curiosity. "Something about you makes me want to spill my secrets."

I laughed lightly. "I get told that a lot. But you can tell me whatever you want."

He studied me for a moment, looking for a sign of bluff I'm guessing. When he found nothing, he sighed and sank into the bed of the truck. He patted the spot beside him, and I stared at it with concern. It came up to my waist, so I'd have to haul myself up somehow.

I hesitated before placing my hands on the bed and jumping to lift myself. I spin to sit on the edge of it, so I don't fall and sigh in relief when I make it.

"The day I came here was the worst day of my life." He began.

Drama already?

"How so?" I wondered, getting comfy.

"I found my mate." He shrugged. "I had gone for a run around the border, against my parent's rules. And I saw her, she was a beautiful wolf. A gorgeous ginger coat with white paws..."

He hesitated and I found myself freezing. I knew a wolf of that colour.

"Sophie?" I whispered.

He nodded with a frown. "I was ecstatic, but she ran away before I could shift back. I set up a meeting with her Alpha and mine so I could cross the border with permission... When I saw her cosied up with Steven I was confused. She pretended I wasn't her mate, that the bond wasn't there. Once we were alone, she rejected me, saying she deserved a mate better than an Omega."