Wattpad Original
There are 28 more free parts

goodbyes

noun ~ used to express good wishes when parting

Phoenix was standing on the front steps, his hands deep in his pockets as he watched wolves scurry around him. My heart thrummed in my chest as I observed him. He was stood in nothing but loose shorts, his torso and feet bare. He looked strong, regal almost as he gazed across the gardens.

His eyes found mine and a smile overtook his features, the hard ice of his cheeks cracking under the pressure. I gave him a timid smile in return as I approached and he began to meet me halfway.

"Where you been?" He wondered.

I came to a stop at his feet, wringing the fabric of the bag between my fists. "I went to see Kate."

He frowned and I saw his nostrils flare. "Why, is everything okay? You feeling alright?"

I chuckled and shrugged the questions away. "I'm good... I may have commanded her to take my blood."

His eyebrows raised in surprise. "You did what?"

"My blood heals...so I asked her to take as much as she could before it affected me... turns out it's about a pint," I explained.

He blinked at me before shaking his head. "I...I bet she loved doing that. She's been questioning your blood ever since the first day... But you should've told me, in case anything happened."

I chuckled at him, the image of Kate eagerly giving me my blood samples filled my mind. She loved her work so it was no surprise she was excited to experiment.

"I'm fine. Just got a little dizzy but I'm okay now. Ready to go."

His eyes ran along with my figure, settling on the small pink prick in my elbow. I could tell Ares was grumbling as his eyes flashed colours until they met mine and settled to hazel.

"Okay. I brought your bag down, keep them safe." He gestured to the bags behind him.

I smiled gratefully, happy he didn't question me further and trusted me. I made my way over to where my bag sat and found my heart weirdly fluttering when I found Phoenix's right next to mine. I safely packed the blood into the backpack and zipped it shut.

More footsteps met my ears and I turned to see the rest of the pack leaving the house; all barely dressed, some even nude, with just their bags on their back. I blushed when I made eye contact with one naked woman and quickly diverted my gaze. They were so confident and strong, I could never be like that.

I made my way to stand beside my two brothers and Sean, Leo's arm wrapping around my shoulders in comfort.

"Hey, Ember." He smiled, keeping his arm around me.

"Are you sure you should be coming?" I wondered, blinking up at him.

He chuckled. "I've said my goodbyes to Mum and Dad."

"And Molly?" I raised my eyebrows.

He paused and licked his lips. I couldn't help but notice the mate mark on his neck when he looked away from me. I get a small twang of jealousy over the fact they were already mated but tried to brush it off.

"She's locked herself inside because we both know she wouldn't let me go." He chuckled.

I smiled softly. "She says she's gonna hang out with Mum and Dad."

He smirked and flexed his fingers from beside my face. "Poor them."

We fell into gentle laughter, knowing our Dad would not last long with how much Molly talks. I found myself observing his mark again since my eyes were so close to his neck - it wasn't hard to miss. The imprint of Molly's jaw set light pink small moon scar. I was told the larger and deeper the mark, the stronger the mate. Molly's was rather delicate.