Season 6 Ep 9

"I know you didn't want to do that... but I love you for doing that. I know you look at her like a mother, too.." I sighed, taking her into a hug.

Before we could exchange more words, Gavin walked in... well, Kane walked in. He made quick eye contact me and still smiled at me. He wanted to be alive, and be normal. But, behind the smile I could tell he wasn't happy with this.

He made his way passed us, and once again Raven and I were trying to keep calm heads. As though on queue... Abby entered. Raven was the first to react by taking a step in front of her before she could approach Kane.

"Was it worth it?" Raven pushed, "Do you think he is okay with this?"

"Raven..." Abby started.

"Actually, let's go ask him?" Raven scoffed, leading us to Kane, "Are you okay with this?"

As he went to answer, Lady Lightbourne and her posse entered the cafeteria. The woman that was Gavin's wife was here as well... It was like a cruel joke. She even asked Kane to tell him that she understands. Which solidifies that they aren't being honest with their 'hosts'.

"You're lying to them!" Kane shouted.

"Gavin wanted this. Now, I am not here to chat. We have what we came for... I am ready to return home now." Lady Lightbourne smirked, turning and leaving.

Kane scoffed and followed after her, while Raven directed the final words to Abby, "I guess he didn't think it was worth it."

***

"We didn't know this is why she wanted us here. The deal was Abby helps them with making more hosts... and she gets you back." I sighed, taking a seat.

"And you didn't stop her?" Kane shouted, "Why is my life worth more than this man!?"

"Because she loves you, Kane!" I shouted back, "You and I both know that she would have done this for very few people. You just got lucky enough to make that list."

He let out a breath, "Fine, what do we do now?"

"We survive." Indra added, sternly.

"You can't possibly be okay with this?" Kane questioned.

"Why not? You floated people for stealing food. We watched kids fight to the death... What makes them so different?" Indra stated, making a point.

In that moment... I thought of Octavia. I thought of Lincoln. I thought of all of them. We're all doing what we think is best to survive. We're all our own monsters. We are all our OWN demons.

"So, we do nothing?" 

"We survive." Indra finalized. "We are getting their help. And based of what I heard, we need that help... do we not?"

"What if we just destroyed the nightblood serum?" Raven blurted, "We can float it. For more, they'd need a pilot and I sure as hell won't help them."

"Kane we need you for this." I added, "My mom needs you... we all do."

He shook his head and placed his hands firmly on my shoulders, "Nonsense. You're so strong, Aiden. You might just save them all someday."

"Hate to ruin the moment, but aren't they planning to leave soon?" Indra questioned.

Kane added, "I know what we have to do."

***

Indra and her group came charging in, guns ready. Raven snatched the serum and handed it over to Indra. I instantly felt sick to my stomach because I knew where it was going to go. I know WHO it was going to go to.

"Mom, you can't fight this." I cried.

Panic formed into Abby's eyes, "Where is Marcus?"

"We promised we would keep you here." Raven stated.

"You let me off this bridge, right now." Abby pleaded, looking to me.

The tears in my eyes burned. I wasn't there, but the images of my father being floated consumed my thoughts and emotions. I clenched my jaw and reached for Raven, getting her attention.

"We have to let her see him, Raven." I heard my voice crack, "We have to let her say goodbye,"

Raven hesitated, but agreed. The 3 of us charged out of the bridge and got there just as Kane closed the air lock. I could feel my throat tighten. Marcus wasn't my father, but he was the only image I had of one. Now, he was about to go through the same thing my real father faced. Raven tried to calm me down, but I couldn't control myself. 

Hearing the two of them talk about what one another means. Hearing them talk about all of it... it was heartbreaking. I didn't want this to happen, but I knew it had to. Marcus didn't want to live in someone else's body. None of us do. I felt as thought they said their last words, so I let my heart lead the way.

"In peace may you leave the shore. In love may you find the next. Safe passage on your travels until our final journey on the ground... May we meet again." I cried.

Indra pulled the lever, and Kane was gone. My mother erupted in tears and cries. All I could do was pull her off of the glass and into my arms. I held her as tight as I could, and I could feel her holding me back. She went through this all over again...

Now, we had to survive.