Flashback 2

"Finn" I whispered, helping him pull off the vent cover, "Do you realize how stupid and crazy this is!?"

"Why are you so paranoid?" 

"I don't know, maybe because we could literally get caught at any moment?" I shrugged with sarcasm flooding my words.

"Oh, come on, Aiden! What're they gonna do? Arrest us again?"

I sent him a glare as I took his hand and followed him into the vents. We crawled endlessly. Making turns every now and then and finally came to another vent opening. Finn gave me the sign, telling me to be extra quiet... as if I wasn't already! Duh! I swallowed hard as a couple guards made their way passed the opening, and finally it was quiet.

"Alright, it's now or never! They're changing shifts, you with me?"

I held my breath for a second and nodded, "What the hell, right?"

His smile grew wicked as he pushed the cover off and helped me onto my feet, "Take a look."

I gave him a shove and turned to face the large glass window. I found myself holding my breath all over again. The view was incredible and unbelievable. I stepped closer to the window, placing my fingertips on the cool glass. My smile grew the more I looked. I didn't want to leave... 

"Well?" Finn asked, wrapping an arm over my shoulders, "Was it worth it?"

I just let out a laugh and shoved him off. He motioned towards the vent... meaning it was time to go. I took one last stare at Earth and pulled the vent cover shut. I began to pout, wanting to go back already as Finn helped me back into our confinement.

"How often do you go?" I asked, hinting I wanted to join.

"Unfortunately, that was my last go. I'll be 18 soon." He sighed.

"Are you scared?"

He nodded, "I wasted months of air, Aiden. My chances of living on the Ark again are close to none. Even if I was given a chance, I think the people would make it a living hell. Are you?"

"I don't know... I don't even know why I'm up here, Finn. I don't know what to expect."

He gave me a smirk and wrapped his arm over my shoulders once again. It hurt, a lot. Being locked up for your entire life and not having a constant person in your life at all. Not knowing what the hell you did that was so wrong to deserve this, and to possibly be floated for. It was insane and it hurt like hell. I shook it off when Finn's voice filled the air.

"Did you hear what I said?" He laughed.

"Uh, no. Not really!" I blushed.

"Dang, I knew ya liked her but thought we were better than that." He winked, nodding in the direction ahead of us.

Her black hair down and smile beautiful. I had no idea where these feelings were coming from, nor was I going to have them stop.

"Why don't you talk to her?" He said as we made our way in line for food.

"Being as either one of us could get floated soon, I don't think that is a good idea." I scoffed.

"So you DO like her!"

"Okay, shut up and eat!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N