Season 1 Ep 4

"Our mother killed our father..." Clarke spoke.

I wanted to be angry, but at the same time Clarke was the one in pain right now.

"I wish there was something I could do." she said, "Something that would make her feel how I felt."

"I have an idea." I said, looking into her eyes with equal pain, "It's pretty harsh though."

"What is it?"

Without using my words, I simply raised my hand to show her my bare wrist. Her eyes grew wide and she stormed off to the drop ship. I wanted Abby to feel pain, but thinking both of her children were dead? I was second thinking my choices.

"It worked." Monty smiled, "The band didn't die. We can use it to contact the Ark."

There it was. That little feeling that came into our hearts and minds. Hope. Hope that we would be able to survive and get those people on the Ark down here with us, without losing them.

"Hey guys!" Jasper screamed, "We have a problem."

A group of us rallied in Bellamy's tent. Apparently, Wells had been killed and we had no idea who. All we had was a knife that had been crafted from parts of the drop ship.

"So, what does this mean? What do we do?" I asked, trying to think of a good idea on how to handle the situation.

"It means a grounder didn't kill Wells." Clarke stated, "It means someone in our camp did."

"So what? You're going to go out there and ask a killer to confess? I say we keep this to ourselves until we know more." Bellamy defended, having logic to his words.

"Wait, look." I said, taking the knife. "It's initialed JM... how many of you know someone with those initials. I can only think of one."

"Murphy..." Clarke sighed, heading towards the tent exit.

"Clarke, wait. Think about this first! You go out there then there WILL be more chaos. It won't be good." Bellamy said.

"He's right." I agreed, "As much as I want him punished, we can't just go out there and scream it to everyone."

"He tried killing Jasper too. I say we throw him under the bus!" Octavia stated, sending an apologetic look afterwards.

With that, Clarke stormed outside and right at Murphy. She was pushing, shoving, and yelling at him over and over again... only for him to deny everything.

"This is crazy, okay, I don't answer to you. I don't answer to anybody!" He shouted.

"Come again?" Bellamy scoffed.

"Bellamy, I'm telling you I didn't do this."

"We found your knife next to his fingers..." I sighed, telling him it looked bad.

One of the boys said that he should be floated, and not a second later they started to beat Murphy and tied him up. Octavia tried to go into the pile, but I held her back and shook my head at her. The group now had a knot around his neck and a crate underneath of him.

"Bellamy, you should be the one to do it!" The group chanted.

I took his arm and shook my head, "Bellamy, this isn't you. Please do not do this."

"This is on Clarke!" He shouted, kicking out the crate.

"Stop! Murphy didn't kill Wells!" A little girl, Charlotte. "I did."

****

"Come on, Bellamy, bring her out!" Murphy chanted.

I stood next to Octavia near the front of the group, just observing. Bellamy, Clarke, and Finn had the girl inside in attempt to protect her. Finally, Bellamy came forward.

"What're you gonna do, Bell. Hang me again?" Murphy scolded.

"It's what the people wanted."

"Fine... who wants to see the real murderer hung up!" Murphy shouted, only getting a few people to respond, "Oh, so you hang me up for nothing but when that little bitch confesses you wanna let her walk?"

"Murphy, enough! It's over!" Bellamy shouted, heading back into the tent.

Before any of us could defend him, Murphy struck Bellamy in the back of the head and punched Jasper in the face before storming into the tent. However, she was gone along with Finn and Clarke.

****

Later in the night, everyone but Murphy had returned. Charlotte had died, and they had banished Murphy for the way he acted and if he was to return... he would be killed. Bellamy and Clarke had worked together and made a few rules that we all would follow, which would hopefully change this place forever.

For now, we all huddled around Monty has he tinkered with Clarke's wristband.

"Will we be able to talk to them?" Clarke asked.

"Not really, it'll be more like Morse Code."

We all nodded and Jasper was given the task of connecting the final wire. Once he did, it shocked back at him and Monty instantly went to check what had happened.

"It didn't work, did it?" I sighed.

"I think we fried all the wristbands."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

--kelsey--