Season 5 Ep 13

"Do whatever you want to me." I pushed, "Neither of them will break for me."

"You don't think so?" McCreery smirked, lifting my chin up so I met his eyes. "Maybe we don't want you to break them... we want to break the others."

"Octavia?" I scoffed, "She'll kill me herself. You have nothing!"

Anger became clear on his face, and it showed when he sent a smack across my face.

"Leave her alone!" Raven cried.

"Raven, don't." I warned.

"Oh!" He smirked more, turning to Raven, "You aren't with the pilot... are you?"

"Raven, no matter what, don't do it." I repeated.

"I have an idea." He said slowly, nodding at one of his guards.

The guard nodded in return, leaving the room for a moment. When he returned, I didn't know what to expect. He was carrying this giant machine that reminded me of what jaws kind of looks like. Him and McCreery smiled as they placed it around my ankle. Slowly, the jaws closed and I scream as I felt my bones begin to crush. I could hear Raven begging and crying for me to stop, but there was only one way that they would.

"Okay, stop!" Raven cried, "I'll fly the ship."

McCreery smiled and pulled back the machine as I turned to look at Raven. I let out a sigh when I saw the tears staining on her face.

***

"We're not going anywhere." Clarke stated, a gun on Diyoza, "Raven, cut the engines."

Raven did as she was told and ran to me quickly. Clarke and McCreery went back and forth for a bit, until his radio caught our attention. We were winning, and his men were losing. He made his way to a computer, which led to Diyoza to begin a panic. She BEGGED for Clarke to do something, to kill him. She was saying that he was going to kill us all. Shaw finally explained that in order to ensure a way back home, they weaponized their bomb. If launched, the entire planet would be ruined. McCreery lost, so everyone lost. He launched the bomb.

"How do we stop it?" Raven pleaded.

"We don't." Diyoza sighed in defeat.

"Shaw, fly the ship." Clarke stated.

"Wait, don't!" I shouted, "Clarke, our friends are down there! Our family!"

She rose the device that was in control of Raven's collar, "Let him do it, or she gets fried."

I clenched my jaw as her eyes went from mine to Raven's and they nodded. Clarke counted to 3 and then pulled the trigger that shocked Raven. Instead of falling to the ground, she clung onto McCreery long enough for him to be stunned. I reacted quickly and snatched the gun from his grasp, killing the other 2 guards that were in here. I fell to the ground and made my way to Raven, smiling when her eyes opened.

"You're crazy, you know that?" I laughed.

"I told you I don't run." 

I shook my head and looked up to see Clarke already looking at me. I rose to my feet, calming whatever anger that was inside me.

"Now what?" Shaw asked.

"Now, we tell our friends to hurry the hell up." I stated.

***

"Here we are again," Bellamy began, "We're the last of the human race."

"From what we know about the bomb, it'll be at least 10 years before we see that valley again. Cryosleep is the best option to get there without using the rations we have." Shaw informed.

"He's right, the tech is amazing!" Raven smirked, "Go to sleep, there's no again, 10 years go by, and bobs your uncle!"

"You hate that phrase." Monty mocked.

She shrugged, "It's growing on me."

"So, Maddi" I sighed, "What's it gonna be, commander?"

She nodded, "I guess it's time for bed."

***

"You alright?" I asked, again, "Comfy?"

"For the 10th time..." Raven teased, placing a hand on my cheek, "I'm fine."

I let out a laugh, "On the bright side, when we wake up it could be our 10 year anniversary."

"Is that your lame way of asking me out?" She smiled.

"Is that your lame way of saying yes?"

"How about this... we go slow. You have someone to talk to first."

"Raven..." I sighed, feeling her grab my hands.

"Aiden, I want nothing more than to say yes. But for a clean start, you need a clean slate. You need closure, and so does she. Maybe a goodbye kiss... Talk to Clarke, and Octavia. Then, in 10 years, we'll either celebrate 10 years... or break up." She replied, "But if a final kiss is the route then you need to remember this."

I nodded and she pulled my face to hers, pressing our lips together. She nodded, letting me know she was ready to go to sleep. I let a smile grow on my face as I watched her bed slide in, and the glass ice over.

My thoughts ended when I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turned to see Bellamy.

"Uh oh, is this where you beat me up for leaving your sister." I teased, putting my hands up.

"No." He smiled, "You had your reasons... but she did ask for you."

I sighed and nodded, making my slowly to Octavia's bed.

"I didn't think you'd come." Octavia started, "I'm glad you did."

"Bellamy told me what you did... that you were ready to sacrifice your life to save Gaia. Sounds like the old Octavia is trying to fight her way out." I sighed. "Are you ready to go in?"

"Wait... Aiden, I love you. I know you do too." She blurted out, waiting for me to reply, "You really aren't going to say anything?"

"A part of me will always love you, Octavia."

"And the other part?"

"The other part took my choice away, and was ready to kill me..." I shrugged. "I stood behind you for a lot down there, even if it went against everything I wanted. But when you needed me to break, in order to break everyone else, I let go."

"That's fair."

"Here's an idea..." I smirked, "Let me sleep on it. We were friends first, Octavia. And it isn't like we're gonna be rid of each other. We can be civil."

For the first time in awhile, she finally let out a smile and nodded, "Sounds like an idea."

"Alright." I smiled, "Ready for beauty rest?"

"Kinda like going under the floor."

I gave a half smile and gave her hand a squeeze as her bed slid in and she was quickly asleep to. I turned around to go to my bed, but Clarke was there waiting. 

"Aiden.. I--" She started, but I stopped her.

"Clarke, don't, okay? We're here, and we're alive. We have all done things to survive... lets just take this as a chance to have a clean slate."

"Clean slate with Raven?" She smirked.

I tried to hide my smile, but it was impossible, "Clean slate for everyone, okay?"

We laughed together and then became serious by locking eyes. She made her way over to me and took me into her arms for a tight hug. I let out a breath of relief as I wrapped my arms around her as well.

"Can I put my little sister to bed? I never got to when we were younger." She smiled.

My smile grew wider as I nodded, laying down into my bed. She smiled down at me and placed a kiss on my head.

"Ready?" She asked.

"See you in 10 years." I replied.

She smiled and nodded at me, pushing the buttons on the screen. My bed slowly slid in as I closed my eyes. I let out a breath and felt sleep take over.