Season 5 Ep 11

I was standing at the front of the cave by myself as Echo and Amori made their way back inside.

"It's not connected yet." Echo spoke.

"Why? Did you get spotted?" Murphy asked.

"No. They aren't looking for us anymore..." Echo scowled.

"Wait, what do you mean?" I asked, rising from my place beside Raven.

Echo then explained that Mcreery was moving his men to all entrances of the valley. Diyoza overheard, and discovered that he must be using her book. If he was doing this, then the bunker was on the move again. I clenched my jaw at the mention of Clarke being on their side.

"We need to go scout before we do anything." Echo informed, "Spacekru... with me."

I found my bag on the ground and picked it up, only to have Raven rip it from my hands with a look on her face.

"Raven, I can go. I can help." I stated.

She shook her head, placing a hand onto my face, "You're safer here. Aiden, you're the ex of the enemy... they could try to use you to get to her. We won't be long."

I clenched my jaw once more as I watched them leave the cave. A figure took a spot beside me, and it was Shaw.

He crossed his arms, "You aren't really going to stand back and do nothing, are you?"

"No, not again." I replied sternly.

~~FLASHBACK~~

"What happened to us having 5 years?" I scoffed.

"We have only been down here for 2!" Octavia agreed.

Cooper continued to speak about how there were plants that needed to be re-cropped, and I was too angry to listen 100%.

"So, what? How long until we can use the farm again?" I demanded.

"One year." She replied.

"One year... with no protein source?" Kane confirmed.

"There's only one solution." Abby finally spoke, with no emotion on her face. "There is only one potential source."

"That isn't a solution." Kane pleaded, knowing what she meant.

Indra stepped forward, "The fighting pits..."

"Will it be enough?" Octavia asked, "To last us a year?"

I stood back in disbelief, "You can't possibly agree to this, Octavia? Do you know what this means?"

"Aiden," Octavia sighed, taking a hold of my face, "Without this, we starve. YOU starve! What else do we do? Give me another option."

"There is no other solution." Abby stated.

****

"I have an even better idea!" I shouted with a smirk and a knife to Shaw's neck. "How about you get your pilot back? And, if you let my friends go, you can have me too."

"Aiden, what the hell are you doing!" Raven shouted.

I made a quick glance to her and turned back to the guards, "You would be heros."

The guards came towards us slowly, ready to tie our hands together. I pushed Shaw to one, and I charged the other. I blocked his move, easily, and sent the knife into his chest. Shaw and I smiled at eachother, he was shocked.

I shrugged, "Practice."

I turned to go make sure the others were okay, and Raven pushed passed me without a word.

"What was that?" Shaw questioned, looking over the guns.

~~FLASHBACK~~

"They have to see us do this." Abby spoke as we all looked at the food.

Octavia rose from her place, speaking to her people. She spoke of survival, and being all that was left in the world. Slowly, she took a bite and I had to look away from her. Looking back at my plate, I swallowed hard. I saw Octavia look over to my plate. I shook my head.

"I can't." I heard Kane sigh.

"I know it's hard... But we have to." Abby pleaded.

"We all need to make this choice for ourselves!" Kane rose.

"There is no choice, Kane. If you don't eat... you starve." She challenged.

"There's always a choice." Kane finished, and left the room.

I took another breath, and rose to my feet as well. I placed a kiss onto Octavia's head as I left.

"I can't. I'm sorry."

~~Next Meal~~

"Kane, why're there guns?" I asked as we made our way to the table.

"I don't know..." He sighed.

Again, we didn't eat. There were others that chose not to eat as well, and Octavia noticed. She made her way over to them, asking them to eat again. All of him, for all of us.

"This isn't a choice." I heard her say.

Quickly, she grabbed a gun from a nearby guard and shoving it in their face. Again she would tell them to eat. He refused once again, and she pulled the trigger. I couldn't help but jump and rise to my feet as she pointed the gun to the person next to him.

"Octavia, please." Kane begged.

"Choose." She warned.

Crying and shaking her head, Octavia pulled the trigger once more. She did it once more, and finally Kane broke. He took a bite of food, tears swelling in his eyes as he had to gag down the food. Octavia turned to me, and she locked onto my crying eyes. I still hadn't eaten. She rose the gun to them again, waiting for me to eat. So, I did. I coughed as the food met my tounge and traveled down my throat. My gaze on Octavia turned to a glare.

****

We were preparing for a war, once again. Raven was still giving me the silent treatment after 4 days... and with time running out, I had to try again. I made my way over to her, trying to give her some water. She ignored me once again.

"Raven, it's been days, okay? You're mad, but you don't understand why I do what I do." I sighed.

"Then why." She snapped, her eyes narrow.

"The bunker." I sighed, "To survive, I had to go against EVERYTHING I ever believed in. Against EVERYTHING I ever stood for... but, the things that I DIDN'T do are what I am most ashamed of. I saved no one down there, and I couldn't just let you go without trying to save you, too."

Raven's eyes grew sad as she placed her hands on my neck, "What happened to you down there?"

"I won't sit back anymore..." I sighed.

Raven and I locked eyes as she pushed her lips onto mine, pulling me closer to her. When we parted, it looked as though she was sorry. She tried to walk away even, but I pulled her back to me... placing my lips onto hers once again.