Season 1 Ep 6

"Do you guys see that? What the hell is that?" A voice shouted, causing us to look into the sky.

I looked up and saw that there were lights shattering the sky like meteors. It had a sense of beauty to it if we were being honest.

"They didn't get our message..." Clarke sighed.

"The lights tell you that?" I asked.

"They aren't lights, they're bodies." Raven scoffed, "It's a funeral."

I took a deep gulp and turned away from the view. I now learned that Clarke would be going with Raven to find a part for the radio.

"Guess I get Clarke for this trip!" Raven said, turning to head out.

I made eye contact with Clarke. "Be safe."

"You too." she smirked, and turned away.

****

We had been out for quite some time now, and some of the others were starting to question our journey. I shined a light down a hill and spotted something in the bush.

"That's hers." I stated.

"How do you know?" Bellamy asked, stepping beside me.

"Because that's my sweater." I replied, sliding down the hill.

Bellamy and I grabbed the sweater and got a closer look at it while Finn was finding the tracks.

"They went that way," He pointed, "Someone was carrying her."

"Then lets go." I said, storming off.

We walked for a bit longer and came to an abrupt halt. The were hanging skeletons in the trees, which is where we needed to go. Bellamy and I made eye contact, we knew that we weren't turning back.

"Go back if you want to!" Bellamy shouted, heading in.

I just clenched my jaw and followed behind him. I wasn't going back until we had her back.

****

"We lost the trail... we should just go back." Finn said.

Before anyone could reply, a body of our search party dropped in front of us. We all started to scan for what, or who, had gotten to him. My determination finally turned into fear of dying.

"They have to be in the trees somewhere..." I observed, looking harder.

"We should run!" Finn said, and we all follow suit.

We ran and ran, which seemed like forever. I could feel the burn in my chest and the ache in my knees. Finally we came to a stop because another one of our people was killed while another one ran off.

"Guys! Roma is over here!" I shouted, running closer to her.

The moment I reached her I gasped and took a step back. Bellamy caught me and finally saw what I saw too.

"They're playing with us." Finn stated.

"If they're gonna kill us, then they should get it over with!" Jasper yelled, spiraling into a tantrum.

Just as the grounders started to charge at us, a horn started to rumble the air. We all were suddenly confused as to why the grounders were running and questioned if we should follow suit.

"Acid fog... we don't have time to run." Finn sighed, throwing out a tent for us to pile under.

****

After some time, we crawled out of the tent being as there was no more acid fog to hurt us.

"Maybe it was a false alarm?" I asked, observing our surroundings.

"Look, he's alone. Let's follow him and capture him... he'll lead us to Octavia." Bellamy ordered, leading the way.

"What if it's another trap?" Jasper suggested.

"Guess we'll find out." I stated, running after Bellamy.

We made our way into a small cave, to see Octavia locked in chains and her kidnapper knocked out. Bellamy was the first to her side, engulfing her into a hug after he released the chains. That's when her and I finally made eye contact and I finally felt relief.

"Aiden." She smiled, getting up to come to me.

I smiled and took a step forward, only to have a sharp pain go through my abdomen. I looked down to see that the grounder had struck his knife into my rib cage and I collapsed to the floor. The world went black as I saw Octavia cradle my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

--kelsey--