Season 5 Ep 5

It was silent between the two of us as Bellamy and I worked with the works by the wall. He wanted to talk, but he didn't know what to say yet. Finally, he wasn't subtle and just went with it.

"Aiden, what happened down there?" He asked, pausing to look at me.

"Six years, Bell... a lot happened." I sighed and continued working and not looking at him.

"And Octavia?" He pushed, "What happened to her? What about the two of you?"

"Octavia is gone, okay?" I finally snapped, "Before you opened that bunker, she was ready to kill me! There is no us, Bellamy! Is that what you wanted to hear?"

Pain over came his face as he looked at me with an apologetic look. In the distance we heard Clarke shouting after someone, Miller, who was headed to the gate. Bellamy looked over to me one last time before stopping him.

"Woah, where are you going?" Bellamy said.

"Wish I could tell you Bellamy."

"Octavia told him not to." I declared, and Miller sent me a look that confirmed it.

"You wanna go to Shadow Valley." Clarke sighed, "You can't!"

"You need to tell Octavia, not him. They all are her little worker bees." I scoffed.

***

I caught up with Bellamy and Clarke. Crazy how they were going to leave without me, isn't it? They were even more crazy to think I wouldn't join.

"What're you doing?" Clarke stopped me.

"They have mom, Clarke... Kane and Raven too! Plus, if you really think that I would even let you out of my sight already, then you don't know me at all!" I smirked.

She nodded after she realized I was going with no matter what her, or Bellamy, said and we made our way out. After walking for awhile, we decided to make up camp when night hit. Clarke, Bellamy, and myself were separate from the rest of them and we watched from afar. Octavia led the typical 'prayer' and they passed the rations around.

"It's impressive." Clarke sighed, taking a bite of her ration.

"So is surviving alone..." I mumbled, making eye contact with her.

"How'd you do it?" Bellamy asked?"

"Well, I wasn't alone. I had Maddi." Clarke smiled, "I'm gonna get some rest, take the rest of my rations."

Clarke placed food into my hands and a kiss onto my head before sending us a smile and making her way to her tent. I looked over to the other group and saw Octavia looking over at me, only to look away before our eyes could lock.

I sighed, "She needs you, Bell."

"She needs you, too." He replied, then turned to his radio in attempt to contact Monty and the others. "And as much as Octavia would probably hate me for this... there's something I promised to tell you."

"Tell me what?"

"It's Raven." He started. "She..."

"She what?"

Before he could get another word out, there were screams in the distance. Miller and the other scout came running back, claiming that something was everywhere. The other man was laid onto the ground and he was screaming in panic. I noticed that he kept trying to dig at his stomach until finally he stopped fighting. Bellamy put a protective arm in front of me and pushed me slightly back. I couldn't help but smirk and roll my eyes at him.

Clarke scooted closer to try to observe him and figure out what happened. As she pulled his shirt back, something from inside pushed against his stomach as thought it was trying to break out. Bellamy pushed me back farther and Clarke scooted back.

"Something's inside of him." Clarke sighed.

We moved him inside of a tent to observe him better without an audience.

"It got into him somehow." Clarke observed, trying to find an entry point.

"Wait." I spoke, seeing blood in his pants. I pulled up his pant leg and saw a small circle that was a fresh wound. "I think I found it."

"It came from the sand." Clarke shook her head, "We have to go back!"

"Not a chance." Octavia declared, "If he isn't better by morning, I'll end his pain myself."

I clenched my jaw as the rest of them left, and it was just the 3 of us again.

"Octavia isn't the only one who has changed." Clarke stated, trying to get me to talk.

I avoided the conversation, "We all have. Six years does that."

The man began to scream again and the others joined us once again. We did everything we could to hold him down, and once again, the things inside of him were trying to break through his skin. Finally, they did. These worm-like things busted through his stomach and we all ran out of the tent. Others threw fire inside, but I saw Octavia trip.

I sighed and ran over to her. I put one arm over my shoulder and helped her get farther from the tent. She was moaning and groaning in pain, so I became fearful. I sat her down and began to over look her body, until I found an entry wound. I froze.

"Clarke!" I shouted.

Clarke joined just in time to see the worm crawling up her arm. She acted fast and tied a rope just above her elbow and was getting a knife ready. I felt Octavia's hand take ahold of mine and her weak eyes locked onto mine. I swallowed hard and took ahold of hers back.

"Clarke, if you're going to do it, do it now!" I sighed.

Clarke drove the knife into Octavia's arm, and Octavia did everything to not scream. Finally, the worm was out and contained... but Octavia was weak. While we were helping Octavia, Bellamy had heard from Monty and we were warned about missles.

"We have to go back." Bellamy said.

"Wonkru doesn't retreat!" Octavia warned, getting close to Bellamy, "Get ready to understand."

***

The morning came, and we had lost even more people due to the storm. If they weren't dead then they were severely injured. I was fixing Octavia's bandage as she just watched me.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled.

"Don't." I growled, "You were ready to kill me, Octavia. I'm done."

Before she could reply again, there was a noise in the distance. The rover immerged into sight and I exhaled, knowing who was inside. A young girl ran into Clarke's arms, so that must be Maddi. Echo made her way to Bellamy, and they locked lips for all to see. My mouth dropped and I turned to Octavia to see her glaring at them.

"Didn't see that coming." I sighed.