Season 3 Ep 8&9

No A/N

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wanna try and tell me what this is?" Pike stated, pointing to the chip on the table.

"Be strong." Ali said, "They are looking for information on Cane, not you."

"And how do you expect me to know what that is?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Don't teens like you take credit for what they do?"

"Oh!" I laughed, "Like Bellamy did when he murdered all of those grounders? Sorry, I have better taste."

"Aiden..." Bellamy sighed, getting a hand of silence from Pike.

"Give me your gun." He ordered.

I smirked at Bellamy as he hesitated, but did as he was told. Pike and I shared a gaze, only I had a smile on my face.

"You're confusing them. They don't know why you keep smiling. Keep going." Ali ordered.

Pike raised the gun, only to smash the chip. I glared into his eyes.

"You gonna use that on me next, Chancellor?" I smiled.

"On the Ark, we would have floated you." Pike replied, handing the gun back to Bellamy, "But we aren't on the Ark anymore. Take her to lock up."

Now, I was thrown into lock up but I was caught before I fell to the ground. Lincoln.

"What'd you do to get in here?" He said with a sly smirk.

"I heard it goes down tonight, I didn't wanna miss it."

"This is it." Ali smiled, "This is where your resistance will end."

****

There had been a riot earlier. The grounders were beating up the guards that had us locked up in here, even some guards were beating up some of their own. Needless to say, it was total chaos. It ended with us all still locked up, the only difference was that Cane now joined us.

"Chancellor on deck!"

There was talking back and forth between them. A conversation ending with all of us being killed by tomorrow.

"Please," Lincoln pleaded, "They did nothing wrong but run from an open door. Don't blame them for what I did."

"I suppose that's true. The 3 leaders will take the punishment for the rest of them." Pike stated.

"You call that a punishment?" I laughed, "Sounds like an easy way out for them, don't ya think?"

"Easy?" Pike said in thought, and then nodded. "In that case, you can lead the execution. At dawn, you get to pull the trigger."

****

"Come on, we need to get out of here!" Octavia pleaded, pulling at me to get me into the tunnel.

"I have a message for the traitors of this campus." Pike broke over the radio, "If you do not come forward, then the rest of the prisoners will take your place."

There it was. That pain and worry from my old self trying to fight its way out.

"I can't let them die for me." Lincoln said, heading back down the hall.

"He's right." Ali immerged, "Go with him."

"Lincoln's right. I won't let them die for me." I stated, going to follow but being stopped.

"Aiden, don't." Octavia begged.

"I understand what you both are feeling, but we need to go." Cane stated, one final time.

"I won't let them die." Lincoln said sternly, looking back to me and I nodded.

I turned to Octavia, taking her face into mine. She just shook her head at me trying to hold back tears.

"May we meet again." I sighed, placing a kiss onto her lips, and pushing a needle into her neck which caused her to fall asleep. I caught her and handed her over to Cane, "Get her out of here."

Afterwards, Lincoln and I made our way to Pike who now led us outside. Pike pushed Lincoln to his knees and then looked to me. His eyes never left mine as he lifted my hand and placed the loaded gun into my hand. I let out a breath. I was here again... I had to kill a friend. Lincoln gave me a nod.

"Do it." Ali appeared again, "Let me take over and I can help you do it."

I clenched my jaw and felt a tear fall down my face. I was shaking my head, not wanting to do it. But the look in Lincoln's eyes told me that I needed to. That there was no other way. The only problem was, I couldn't pull the trigger. Not on my own.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. As the last of my breath left my body, I let her in. The moment I opened my eyes again, it was her controlling me. I felt the tears leave my eyes and the pain in my chest vanish. I squeezed the trigger without blinking.

The man's body hit the ground, and I was free to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

--Kelsey--