Season 5 Ep 12

The gunfire echoed through the air while the  cold rain stuck to our skin. Being cold and wet weren't an ideal pairing, but it would hopefully be worth it. To finally win this war.

"Murphy, you wanna use that thing or what?" I shouted between rounds.

"Say hello to my l--" He smirked, setting of the gun... but falling onto his back, "Man she's go a kick."

The cannon began sounding off an alarm, and of course Raven ran towards it.

"It's gonna blow! We need to move!" Shaw shouted, giving her cover fire.

Raven began to fiddle with the box until it finally popped of. Just as I thought it was going to blow, she pulled two chords and it went silent.

"I don't run." She stated.

I shook my head and look back at our enemies... well, where our enemies should have been. "They're gone."

"Where the hell is everyone?" Murphy asked.

"Something's wrong..." Echo sighed.

***

Back in the cave, we tried to radio Bellamy. No matter what, it was just silence. Finally a voice broke through, but it was Monty. Apparently, they were ambushed. Many of the army was killed, and Bellamy was still there... no one knew if him or Octavia were alive.

"So go back! You have the numbers." Echo scoffed.

"We can't!" Monty pleaded, "Only a handful are willing to go back... no one's in charge."

"Murphy and Amori... get that cannon working." Echo said sternly, "They need a leader, so let's go get them one. You 3 with me."

"Wait, so what's the plan?" I asked, grabbing her arm.

Swiftly, she grabbed the collar of my shirt and shoved me against the wall. I saw Raven take a step forward but I put my hand out to tell her not to.

"Bellamy is in trouble." Echo warned.

"In case you forgot... we're ALL in trouble right now." I scoffed, shoving her off of me, "Let's go."

***

We quietly made our way into the church, knowing that Clarke and Maddi would be inside. I felt anger. Anger at this place, towards Clarke, everything. Echo snuck up to Maddi's sleeping body, forcing her hand over her mouth to be sure she wouldn't scream. Out of fear, Maddi pulled out a knife and I instantly grabbed her wrist.

"Easy, Maddi... we aren't here to hurt you." I promised, "Echo, let her go."

Echo released her grip and Maddi's eyes stayed locked on mine. "I know why you're here. So, get this collar off!"

"Mother of the year, huh?" Raven smirked at me, working on the collar.

"Stop." I rolled my eyes, seeing Maddi still watching me.

"I've heard about you." Maddi spoke, "She really cares about you."

"How about we save the sentimental for another time, okay?" I laughed.

"Get the hell away from her." A voice warned, Clarke. Gun in hand.

"Hey, Clarke." Raven scoffed, "Haven't seen you in 6 years and this is how you say hello?"

"Raven, back away from her now." Clarke repeated, "You too, guns down."

I clenched my jaw and was about to raise my own gun when Echo informed us to do what she said. Clarke grabbed Maddie, reaching passed me to do so.

"Sorry, Clarke." Maddi sighed, shoving her off.

My anger got the best of me and I didn't hesitate as I tackled her to the ground. My anger became rage as I pushed, shoved, and eventually sent a fist through Clarke's jaw. My practice from the bunker worked to my advantage as I put her into a headlock just as Raven got Maddi's collar off of her neck.

"Aiden, let her go!" Maddi ordered.

"She left us to die!"

"Now!"

I let out a breath and pushed her away from me, angry tears filling my eyes. Clarke turned to come face to face with me, and tears filled her eyes too. She looked at me with disbelief.

"You aren't going anywhere." She stated.

I looked at her confused, and then I let my eyes travel. I clenched my jaw as I snatched her radio from her back pocket.

"She left the mic open." I scoffed, throwing it at the wall.

"We have to go." Shaw warned, but too late.

McCreery and a few others made their way in, guns in hand.

"Take the pilot and his girlfriend." He ordered, making his way to me, "You... you were with their leader, weren't you? Take her, too!"

"Wait, no!" Clarke shouted.

"Forget it, Clarke! How could you do this?" I shouted as they dragged me along with them.