Season 7 Ep 2-3

"How are you feeling?" Clarke smiled, placing a loving hand on my back. "Ready to talk about what happened yet?"

I smirked, "Says the one that burned down a PALACE. Not just a building."

We shared a laugh, but it soon ended when she sat beside me. She took a firm hold of my hand. I gave her a confused look and she set something down on the table in front of me. I finally realized it wasn't "just something".

"Is that..." my voice cracked.

"Russell kept it. He was HAPPY to show it to me when I went to see him."

I nodded as I pulled my father's ring over my head to place it beside mother's, "It triggered you. I get it. As for what happened out there with us... I don't know. One minute, we were all talking... and then the next..."

"Octavia was gone..." She sighed, getting yet another nod from me, "Raven says you don't think she's really dead?"

"Clarke, when someone dies. They're body goes limp. When her body vanished... it wasn't limp. And she looked at me! I mean she looked RIGHT at me. I have to go back out there." I scoffed, rising to my feet.

Clarke grabbed me with a strong grip, "Hang on a minute. For one, going out there alone is pointless. How are you going to figure that out without help?"

"I don't know! I'll take Raven or Jackson."

"Raven needs to work on our compound and Jackson is our doctor here, Aiden."

I slammed my hands on the counter. "I have to know what happened, Clarke. What if she's alive?"

"You're right, what if she is? That's all the more reason to keep working on our compound. So she has a home to come back to with you in it. If you go out there alone, you might not come back."

I let out a breath. She was annoying, but she was right. Her and I locked eyes and pulled one another into a quick embrace. She motioned for me to go with her, to start working. I took a moment to finally relax... we had to work on the compound. She led me outside, beneath a beautiful tree with flowers.

"Just one more thing." Clarke stated, holding the two necklaces in her hands

"It's all we have left of them, you know?" I cried, feeling her hand take hold of mine.

She shook her head, "We have each other."

***

We met up with Raven at the machine shop. Of course, something was wrong. The core was over-heating, and if it got too bad then we would once again be worrying about death. Again, we were scrambling for ways to fix the issue.

"I'd like to be there when the welders are there." I stated, breaking the silence.

"What? Why?" Clarke quesitoned.

I shrugged, "So I can feel smart for a change. I mean, more people the better... right?"

"Wrong actually." Raven sighed, "With the core heating up, the radiation is continuing to leak. Nightblood might help but... without it, you're as good as dead."

I smirked, "I guess I will stay in the control room with you then huh?"

"What about the execution?" Indra chimed in.

Clarke replied before anyone else could, "It goes as planned."

We all exchanged looks and nods, and went on with our plans. I waited for Raven, Emori, and Murphy to come back... only they were joined by 4 of the Eligius crew members. I was confused, but the look on Raven's face told me to not ask. The welder's prepped themselves to enter the second containment room; however, they were concerned about the radiation.

"The levels are good. You're in the clear." Raven "Good luck."

I waited for the welders to leave before taking a place beside Raven, "You lied to them?"

"They were told what they needed to know. It's an easy job." Raven scoffed.

"You could've done it, couldn't you? But you didn't... why?"

She rolled her eyes. "You'd like that wouldn't you? Look, we all have a job to do. Let's get it done. Sooner, rather than later."

Murphy and Emori made their way inside, and all we could do was watch. Emori got sick, even after the decontamination shower. It was then Murphy's turn to do something, but all he had to do was deliver more nitrogen to the welders. But he stayed and helped them finish the job. However, the job ended up finishing them as well. They died welding the core.

We got all of the bodies onto the main floor of the machine shop, and Raven began to cry. It finally began to sink in on what she had just done. What she made these people do without be open and honest with them.

"I did this." She cried.

"Yeah, you did. Oh how the mighty have fallen." Murphy scoffed. "Welcome to the world of grey."

As though with perfect timing, the girlfriend of Hatch made herself known. Without hesitation, she charged at Raven and began throwing punches at her. I attempted to stop her but she was so blinded by rage that her strength overcame mine. Her own people were finally able to get her off. I rushed to Raven's side and tried helping her up, but she only shoved me back.

"Just leave me." She cried. "Just go."

"The only place I am going is to medical, because that's where I am taking you."

I sighed and helped her up slowly. She was leaning on me heavily as we made our way to medical. It was silent the whole way there. We didn't talk. We didn't look at one another. To be honest, it felt as though I was with someone that I didn't even know anymore.

We were drifting.