Season 1 Ep 3

"His pulse is weak." Clarke stated, using a watch to count.

"Can he just die already!" A voice shouted from down below.

I took a deep breath and leaned next to Jasper's ear, "Don't listen to them, okay? You're going to get through this."

"I'm gonna go get some more water." Clarke stated and headed out.

Clarke returned later and noticed that Jasper's wound was now infected, so I turned to Monty, "Any luck on getting that chip to work to contact the Ark?"

"That would be a firm no." Monty rolled his eyes.

I sighed and brushed my hands through my hair. At that moment, Clarke took her knife and started to cut away skin which caused him to scream.

"Stop, you're killing him!" Octavia cried.

"She's trying to save his life." I defended, earning a nod from Clarke.

"There's no point." A voice broke the air, Bellamy. "He's been like this for three days. If he's like this in the morning I'll kill him myself. Octavia, let's go."

"I'm staying here." She retaliated, getting bandages ready for Jasper.

She made eye contact with me and we gave each other a quick smile.

***

While Clarke went out to find something for an antibiotic, I stayed behind with Jasper. I now sat secluded from the others, in silence. Octavia joined me, placing her hands on my leg.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm just trying to figure some things out." I sighed.

"Alright, things like what? Nothing but time, remember?"

I smirked at her comment, only to see that her smile faded.

"Is it us? If I overstepped..." she began.

I lunged forward and shut her up by placing my lips onto hers, "None of this is you."

"Okay, then what?"

"Clarke is my si--." I started, but noticed that more and more people had came into the drop ship.

"What's going on?" Monty questioned.

"Some type of fog... it burns your skin." Another replied.

"My brother is out there..." Octavia panicked.

"So is Clarke."

"They'll be okay." Monty assured, "We all will be."

***

The fog had now cleared, and Clarke was helping Jasper with the medicine that they had created. I took this time and used it wisely by finding Wells.

"How'd you know?" I demanded, joining him as he buried Atom.

"How did I know what, Aiden?" Wells defended, taking a break to look at me.

"You know what the hell I mean!" I cried, feeling emotions build up inside of me.

"I over heard it all..." Wells started, clearly upset as well. "When your father, Jake, was floated I heard him plead for the deal. At first, he was being floated for knowing something but he took a higher ground and got the deal. A deal that insured you having a re trial and being able to live on the Ark."

"You over heard what?" A voice interrupted us. Clarke.

I then took a few minutes to explain my side of things, followed by Wells explaining everything that he knew as well. By the time everything was said and done, Clarke and I were starring at each other with tear filled eyes.

"You're my little sister?" Clarke cried.

All I did was nod, letting all of the tears stream down my face. Without hesitation, she made her way over to me and engulfed me into a hug. We spent the rest of the next few moments just being with each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all are enjoying!

thanks!

--kelsey--