Season 6 Ep 13

"How are you doing?" Jackson sighed, taking a seat beside me.

I let out a sigh, "There's nothing left, Jackson. Abby is gone. Clarke is gone. Bellamy left Octavia to die. Madi's mind is corrupted. And we're here. They're just gonna kill us all."

"You don't know that." Jackson tried to reassure.

"Raven isn't down here, is she? Why not? She knows I am a lost cause."

He shook his head, "She's trying to save Madi. YOUR family. She's done all of this for you, can't you see that?"

I smirked, "She's been true to herself, you know? She's never strayed from who she is or what she believed... and then there's me. I chose bloodreina. I chose cannibalism. I chose to stay quiet."

"We all did it. We all stood by." Jackson assured. "Madi is the family you have, and you're what she has."

At that moment, Madi came in beside Russell... and she had awoken Wonkru. Josephine was with them, too. It was like a family reunion. Only it wasn't my family anymore. I let out a breath and took the gun from Raven's belt. Slowly, I fell to my knee and raised the gun to my temple. I thought I saw Josephine flinch, but I put my focus on Madi.

"I know you're in there kid," I smiled with tears in my eyes, "But, I am tired of fighting. Our little family, is as good as gone. You're all I have. Dangerous Duo, right? That's what Clarke used to say. I can't do this fight without you, kid. I'm gonna count to 3... I'll pull the trigger."

I closed my eyes slowly and pushed the gun closer to my head. I counted out loud. 1... thinking of how I wouldn't get to bond with my mother anymore. Or get to develop more of a relationship for her. 2... was going to be for Clarke. I let hatred lead everything with her. I let rage be the most important emotion. 3... for Octavia. I created her to be a monster in my head, when really, we ALL were the monster. We all just needed someone to blame. It shouldn't have been her.

I felt my hand begin to tighten around the gun as I prepared to squeeze the trigger. I only stopped when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my neck into a tight hug. I kept my eyes closed. I didn't need to see who it was, I know.

"Dangerous Duo." She laughed but I could here the tears in her voice.

Not a moment later, another pair of arms joined us. This time, I had to look because I was confused. It was... Josephine? She had tears staining her cheeks and she was holding onto us as though it was going to be the last.

"Clarke?" I cried.

All she did was smile and nod her head, and we all fell into one another's arms for another hug. Madi began to convulse, and we knew it was from the flame in her head. We got her back up to Raven and in med bay. We could separate her and the flame... but it would destroy the flame. No more commanders. 

Without hesitation, we did what was needed. The flame was removed from Madi and she was weak... but she opened her eyes. A breath of relief escaped all of us. We all exchanged hugs, and my last one was with Raven.

"Let's get back to our friends." Clarke smiled.

***

We walked slowly back into Sanctum, once again being greeted by our friends that we had just gone through all of that with. Miller, Jackson, Bellamy, even Jordan stopped being shy and gave out a hug. I felt lighter. I felt like I needed to no longer let rage lead the way. At that moment, Octavia's eyes locked onto mine. It had been so long since we had talked, let alone seen one another. I felt a hand get placed on my shoulder.

"Go." Raven smiled.

I gave her a confused look, "What? Raven I-"

"You deserve the chance. So does she... you both do. No more rage, right? Only forgiving? It starts with her." She smiled more, placing a reassuring hand on my face.

I nodded and gave her a half smile, before turning to Octavia. I made my way over slowly. Mostly because I had no idea what in the hell I had planned to say. We were finally face-to-face and we just seemed to be examining one another. She looked different. The face paint was gone, the look of hate... it was the Octavia from when we first landed on Earth.

It was her who made the first move by pulling me into a tight embrace. Once again, it was different. It was comforting, and reassuring. It was like she was making promises to me without actually saying anything at all. Our hug ended and once again she led the way by placing a soft and quick kiss onto my cheek. I was unable to say anything before we were interrupted.

"Hate to cut the moment short, but we have to go." Gabriel stated, pushing his way passed us.

I retaliated, "We just got back, where are we rushing off to?"

"No one says you have to join. But she has markings on her back and I think I know what to do with it. We go now. Bellamy and Echo are coming, are you?"

I hesitated and looked amongst everyone. I could see that Octavia was hopeful I would go with them, Raven also wanted me to go with. I wasn't sure what her angle was, but she wanted me to do this. Clarke was reluctant, but Clarke always is. I finally nodded.

"Lead the way, old man." I replied.

***

The symbols were pushed... but it just hung in the air for a minute. At first, Gabriel thought he might have done something wrong and began to panic. Faintly, I heard something. It caught the attention of the others and we hurried back up to the ground.

"What is it?" Octavia shouted.

"The anomaly." Gabriel replied, peaking out of the tent entrance. 

The wind picked up more and more, and I was certain that this tent was going to get blown away. A vibrant green illuminated the entire area as far as our eyes could see. Octavia pushed herself in front of me as though right on time, like she knew the next things were about to happen.

A woman appeared at the entry way of the tent and went straight to Octavia. It seemed liek they were hugging and whispering into each other's ears. I took a few steps forward... again right on time, because Octavia's body fell into my arms. Whoever this woman was, they stabbed her. I locked eyes with Octavia, but just as I did... she vanished. It felt like she turned into dust and was just gone.

All that was left, was her blood staining my hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

How about that season ending, huh!? What're we thinkin? Feelin?

This is the LAST time I get to ask you all... what are the predictions for the next and final season with Aiden? What are the hopes?

I am sad that this story is almost over, but excited to wrap up this journey!!

Thank you all for joining me.