Season 4 Ep 6

No A/N:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I now sat with Octavia, her hand in mine, as she stayed in med bay. We didn't talk, nor did we really make any eye contact but I felt her brushing her finger back and forth on my hand. I couldn't help but smile at the gesture. My thoughts halted when Bellamy joined us.

"You gave us a scare." He started, "You saved all of us, O."

"Get out." Octavia snapped, not moving from her position.

"Come on, O. I'm your brother."

Finally, Octavia rolled onto her side and glared at him. "Why do you think you're still alive."

I clenched my jaw and made eye contact with Bellamy. I could see the pain in his eyes... he missed his sister, and with time running out there wouldn't be much time left. That thought made me think of Clarke and how we haven't spoken since the list.

"Hey Bell," I sighed, getting his attention before he left, "Watch out for Clarke, okay?"

He gave me a half smile and a nod before heading out. I turned my attention back to Octavia, who still wouldn't look at me.

"Octavia, you know I love you... But this rage you have inside of you has me worried. Where is this coming from?"

"The ark was supposed to keep you alive."

I bit my lip and shook my head, "Not me... you. I'm not useful in their eyes, Octavia. I didn't make it onto whatever list to survive. But, I was okay with it because you were on that list. You'd be on the side of the door that saves you... but now? This rage is gonna get you killed."

"That's what the radiation is for." She sighed, still avoiding my eyes.

"I love you, Octavia Blake, and I will stand by you no matter what. But you living will make the world something worth living for..." I smiled, taking her hand into mine.

"It's worth nothing without you." She stated and finally locking with my eyes.

****

I was hot on Cane's heels as we made our way back to Med Bay. Illian was defenseless.

"All of his guards are gone, without saying a word." I informed.

"Lock this room down, now." Cane ordered.

"Shouldn't we rethink this?" I sighed, seeing the group outside the door, "Maybe we should just give him up."

"Aiden, that would go against everything you stand for. Against everything your FATHER stood for."

"That didn't stop you from floating him, did it?" I snapped, clenching my jaw.

Cane pulled out his gun with a sigh, "I won't let them fall into this darkness."

"The world is ending, Cane. Darkness is all we have." Octavia snapped, rising from her bed.

Without hesitation, she opened the door and let the angry crowd that was out there inside. All that stood between them was Cane and myself. Cane raised his gun to hold them off, but I saw their eyes... they weren't leaving without him.

I took a deep breath, "I'm sorry." I sighed, pushing the shock into Cane's chest.

It seemed as though before Cane even hit the ground, the crowd was pulling Illian outside with Octavia leading the way. I followed close with Cane and Monty.

"How do we stop this?" Monty asked.

We finally made it to them, and Illian was on his knees with Octavia holding the gun to his head. I instantly remembered Lincoln, and how this was me. I didn't want to relive it, nor did I want Octavia to go down that path. I ran up to her and got as close as I could.

"Octavia, wait. Okay? You don't want to do this. They put Lincoln on his knees too, right where he is now. I held the gun to his head, just like you are right now. I was under Ali, and I was weak so I did it just to shut off the pain. But, this? This is you, okay? This is YOUR heart. YOUR mind. YOUR soul. Don't do this, Octavia. Be better than I was." I pleaded, reaching for the gun.

As Octavia began to cry, the alarms for black rain started to boom through the air. Seeing as Cane and Jaha weren't running, it didn't take long to figure out that it was a distraction. Slowly, I wrapped my hands around Octavia's and she let go of the gun. I let out a breath as she fell into my arms, only to push me away and start to run.

"Octavia! Wait!" Cane shouted.

"Don't. I've got her." I sighed, chasing after her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

--Kelsey--