Season 5 Ep2&3

**46 Days after Praimfaya**

Our swords clashed, over and over again. Both of us were refusing to lose. Finally, I ducked under one of her attacks and pinned her to the ground: my sword at her neck. A smirk grew onto both of our faces and she grabbed my necklace, forcing my lips onto hers.

"Told ya I would get you some day!" I cheered.

She just rolled her eyes and smiled at me, but it faded when she looked behind me. I turned to see Indra, waiting for Octavia to change.

"Dressing me up won't fool anyone. My blood is red and it always will be." Octavia stated.

"Symbols matter, Octavia." Indra pleaded, holding out the symbol of the Commanders.

"Fine." Octavia rolled her eyes, "But Aiden joins."

I shook my head no, but I was being dragged through the hallways. Nyla (spelling?) stopped us, bowing to Octavia.

"Stop." Octavia sighed, feeling uncomfortable.

"Look what I found." she smiled, handing Octavia a book, "Bellamy said he used to read this to you."

Octavia's fingers grazed over the pages as a small smile came across her face. She said thank you and we continued down the hallway.

"What was that all about?" I asked, clearly jealous.

"What?"

"That look!" I scoffed, "And a book? What is that?"

"Are you jealous?" Octavia teased.

"I'm just saying, if you wanna flirt with someone... you don't give them a book!" I laughed, getting a nudge from her, "Lucky me, I married you first."

Octavia shook her head at me and intertwined our fingers as we continued our walk. Gaia appeared before us, clearly upset.

"Hey, blame your mother." I defended, giving a shrug.

Before we even got settled into our seats, two clans were bickering back and forth... over blankets. I kept shaking my head and mumbling under my breath.

"So much for Wonkru." I scoffed.

"She's right." Indra nodded, "The are no more clans here. Don't forget that."

"So, what's the punishment?" the grounder scoffed.

"For stealing blankets?" Octavia questioned, "Give them back! What's next?"

Before anyone continued, I heard something and made everyone be quiet. The was a faint banging come from up above. It wasn't constant enough to be falling rock.

"Someone's out there." I sighed.

***

"It has to be Clarke." I demanded, finishing wrapping my gloves, "It has to be."

"You know Clarke is in space with the others." Kane replied.

"It's a nightblood that knows where we are." Abby entered, "It has to be Clarke."

"She does talk." I spoke, "First time in a month."

"Let's just do this." She avoided the topic.

"Careful, this door hasn't been opened since Praimfaya." Kane warned.

I let out a breath and made my way up to the hatch. I felt excitement building up inside of me, and hope. Clarke was alive, and I would finally get to see her again. I entered the code, the light turned green, and I pushed... but it didn't budge. I tried again with more force, and nothing. Reality hit me and I started to scream and bang on the door as hard as I could. Eventually, my gloves ripped and my hands began to bleed. Kane pulled me back down.