Flashback

A/N:

Hey my lovely readers! Here is the first update I'll be doing for you until we wait for the new season!

Remember, this is BEFORE they are sent to the ground!!

Also, please keep in mind that we never got to saw them in lock up so this is my take on how it might have been... plus, it is my story anyway right!?

Anyway, let's get to it.!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"All of your signs look good! No surprises." Dr. Griffin smiled.

I smirked in return, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course. You can ask anything."

"I never see any of the other kids in here, I was just wondering why that was? Why am I the only one that you request to have check ups on?"

She let out a sigh and took a seat in front of me. "I guess I'm busted, huh?" I nodded and waited for her to continue. "I have a daughter in lock up, I guess I was just hoping maybe you had the chance to meet her and see how she's doing. Even though I know that isn't possible!"

"Why is that so impossible?"

"Well, she's in solitary..." She stated, getting up and avoiding eye contact. "Anyway, what about you? Have you made friends?"

"I'm literally a nobody from no one, so, no... No one even knows I exist!" I shrugged, "I'm not gonna miss dinner, am I? We're kind of only allowed to eat on those times so..."

"No, no! Of course not, go on. And hey, Aiden." She smiled, getting my attention one last time, "Try to make one friend at lunch."

I gave a half smile and a nod as I made my way into the dining area. I was nudged in the shoulder by one of the other inmates as I walked, and I know it was on purpose. I just took a deep breath and shook it off, I didn't wanna get tased for another unnecessary fight.

I waited patiently in line for food, looking over the rest of the kids here. Some were turning 18 soon, and they would either get floated or join the Ark. Like myself, I turned 18 soon... Well, according to when Dr. Griffin I do. I wasn't really sure about anything about myself. I over hear kids talk about visitation days with their families, and I get a pain in my chest. My name is never called on visitation day.

I sat at the end of a long table, alone. Like most days, I did everything alone. Most of these kids knew each other as they probably got thrown in here together. I would watch them interact as though they were being reunited with each other. I paid attention. For example, Monty and Jasper were best friends and got locked up for smoking some plants... A minor issue and would probably join the Ark again. Jon Murphy stole medicine for his mother, and his return to the Ark wasn't looking good. My thoughts ended when I was joined by another inmate for the first time.

"Can I join you?" She smiled.

I nodded my head and she joined me. I was awkward, and being as I didn't have a lot of human interaction, I just kept stuffing my face with food.

"So, what are you in here for?" she asked, noticing I was not going to say anything.

I shrugged, "I don't know."

"Oh, come on. We're all in here for something... so, what is it?"

"No, I really don't know. I haven't seen outside the walls of the skybox." I admitted. "What about you?"

"My mom had two kids, and lucky me I was the second!"

I let out a breath in an attempt to laugh, but it really wasn't funny. Was the Ark that cruel to lock up a kid just because they were a second born? It couldn't be.

"What's your name, anyway? I don't think I have ever seen you before."

"This is Aiden!" Another voice chimed in. Finn Collins. "The girl with no last name and no story."

"And you're the one who wasted months of oxygen on a space walk. What's so great about it anyway? Was it worth it?" I scoffed, taking another bite of my bread.

Finn smiled, "Wanna find out?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

--Kelsey--