Season 5 Ep 8

I woke up quickly, to the sound of someone's collar going off. I panicked and looked around the room, to see Shaw on the ground surrounded by his old 'friends'. I saw Raven make a move to try and get to him, but I quickly took a hold of her arm to hold her back.

"Raven, don't. They'll do it to you next." I warned.

She snapped her arm back, "It's our fault he's even here!"

"They can't kill him, okay!" I pleaded, "He's the only pilot they have. They won't kill him."

"We have to." Echo chimed in.

"No." Raven said sternly before going over to Shaw.

"It bothers you, doesn't it?" Echo asked.

"What?"

"Raven going to his rescue."

"What're you trying to do, Echo? Stir up my jealousy. Bring out my anger. Try living in the bunker and having the one person you thought would never turn against you, actually do it." I snapped, raising from my seat.

"What happened in there, Aiden?" She probed, "You all are so different then how you used to be. Even you."

I clenched my jaw and finally turned back to her, "It was dark. So dark that even I couldn't fight it, no matter how hard I tried. When Octavia was about to kill me, before Bellamy came... I wanted her to. Besides, Raven saving him is no different than Bellamy always saving Clarke. So, you tell me, does it bother you?"

***

I sat beside Shaw when a new face entered the room. He was collard, but he wasn't locked up like one of us. He wore one of their outfits.

"Who is that?" I asked.

"Vincent." Shaw spat, "Other than being a serial killer, he's a pretty nice guy."

"I'm looking for Raven Reyes." I heard him say to the guards.

"What the hell does he want with Raven?"

"I don't know." Shaw shook his head as Vincent came up to us.

"The collar looks good on you, Shaw." Vincent smirked, turning to Raven. "Yours has been tagged to another location for the day. Please, take a walk with me."

Raven went to step forward, but both Shaw and I put our arms in front of her. She placed a gentle hand on mine and locked eyes with me.

"It'll be okay."

I shook my head as I watched Vincent and Raven leave the building, turning to Shaw.

"She'll be okay, right?" I asked.

"I hope so."

***

Echo and I sat in silence, being as we had a slight argument earlier. The doors slammed open and 2 guards dragged in Raven's body. I jumped to my feet and ran to her aide, taking her into my arms. I led her to the bed and she laid her head over my chest, gripping my jacket. Echo joined us, playing a gentle hand on Raven.

"You'll be happy to hear that I didn't kill your pilot." Echo smirked, trying to lighten the situation.

Raven looked up, tears in her eyes, "Diyoza has to be stopped."

"Wait..." I sighed, sharing a look with Echo.

"Raven, are you saying?" Echo confirmed.

"Promise me he won't suffer." Raven demanded.

Echo nodded, giving me one last look before leaving.

"Raven, what did he do to you?"

"Do you ever love someone so much, no matter how much they hurt you?" Raven sighed, sitting up. "You love them so much that you forgive everything they do?"

I nodded and wiped her tears away with my thumb, "Sometimes love isn't always enough to forgive them."

"Sometimes it is."

"Raven, what happened?"

"It wasn't a him that did this." She admitted, "It was a she."

"What? Diyoza?"

She shook her head and locked onto my eyes, "Your mom did this."