Season 6 Ep 2

"So, it's in the air? Why are we fine and Amori was the only one that acted up?" I asked, reading over the book.

"I don't know... but it is in the plants. Safe to say that we are all going to react eventually." Clarke informed.

Murphy rolled his eyes, "I'm interested to see how we can explain why my girlfriend just attacked me."

"Enough." I sighed, "What do we do for the next 2 days?"

"Time to get freaky, huh?" Murphy smirked, nodding in the directions of the chains.

***

I was silent as Clarke tightened my strap enough for me to not get out. She attempted to make eye contact, or get a reaction, but I just avoided her gaze.

"Is it too tight?" She asked.

I shook my head no, and she sighed and let it go. She made her way to her own chain, locking it with the key and tossing it to Bellamy.

"Somehow, whenever I am with you, I am always tied up. When you hung me... let's not forget Lexa." Murphy pushed.

"For the record, I hung you." Bellamy scoffed.

"After she forced your hand. You also know you have a sister, right? Her name's Aiden. But you left her out when you were rebuilding the Ark. She wasn't on the list for the bunker either, right? If you can't save your family, what hope do the rest of us have?" Murphy spoke more.

"I can speak for myself Murphy," I growled, looking to Clarke, "It just isn't worth the breath."

"What the hell do you want from me!?" Clarke shouted, "That I am the bad guy? Fine! I am the bad guy. People die when I am in charge. Satisfied?"

"It's a start." Murphy nodded.

Before anything more could be said, screaming and banging came from upstairs. Miller was shouting about something but I was unable to make out what it was. Bellamy and Clarke were quick to undo their chains and make a run to help them.

"What about us!?" I scoffed.

"We'll be back once we make sure they're okay." Clarke assured.

"Looks like it's just us." Murphy smirked, cutting his cuff, "Now, it's just you!"

"Are you kidding!?"

"Okay, fine." He sighed, handing me a gun and a radio, "No you have friends!"

"Murphy!" I shouted after him.

***

I kept pulling and pulling, over and over again, but the chain was too strong. I began to get hot and the sweat beads fell down my face.

"Aiden..." A voice spoke.

I looked around, but no one was here. "Hello?"

"Aiden."

"Who is there!?"

"You have to stop." The voice spoke, "Let go. It's okay."

"I don't understand." I cried. "What's happening? Where are you?"

"You won't have to kill again. One more kill and it will all be over."

"One kill? What are you talking about."

"You'll never have to relive the pain again from killing Finn. Killing Lincoln. Just one more kill, and the pain stops. Get rid of the toxin."

"Who is the last one?"

"Clarke. Just kill Clarke and it's over."

I sighed, looking around the room for whatever I could find. Finally, I noticed the Murphy didn't only leave the gun and radio, but he left a knife. I let out a laugh and frantically cut off my cuff and took a strong grip of the gun.

"Ready or not, here I come." I smirked.

***

I made my way outside, briefly being blinded by the bright eclipse. My eyes finally focused and I found Murphy, Bellamy, and Clarke fighting next to a pond. I took aim and had Clarke in my sights. I let a small smile grow on my face as I pulled the trigger, only for it to be out of ammo. 

"Murphy!" I shouted, "You took my bullets!"

"Aiden... you need to go inside." Clarke warned.

"Playing God again I see!" I stated, sending a punch into her stomach, "New planet, new rules. You don't get to make those rules anymore."

I kept going after her, whether it was a punch or a kick. I didn't want to stop. I just wanted her to be gone, and I wanted the pain to go away. Every punch and every kick had all of my bottled emotions in it, even if it wasn't Clarke's fault. I made it become Clarke's fault.

"Aiden." Clarke coughed as I wrapped my hands around her neck, "This is the eclipse. Stop."

"It'll stop, when I kill you." I growled, squeezing harder.

Murphy broke free from Bellamy for a moment to try and rip me off of Clarke, but I sent an elbow into his stab wound and was right back on Clarke. Little did I know, that she had reached into her bag for something. She pulled the pin and a gas engulfed the 4 of us, and everything faded to dark.

***

"Wake up, Aiden." A voice spoke, "Come on, open your eyes."

I groaned in pain and waited for my eyes to readjust. The first face I spotted was Octavia's, her eyes locked onto mine. Raven quickly made her way to me, wrapping her arms around my neck in a tight hug. We parted and I looked around, spotting Clarke right away. Instantly, I remember what had just happened. I wasn't in control, but I remember doing it.

Soon, we heard more voices... children, getting closer. Before we knew it, it was as though a whole city of people appeared before us.

"Are you here to take us home?" A little girl asked.

"Home?" Clarke questioned, "Isn't this your home?"