Episode 43 : Sacrificial Brother

It is now the next day and at the area where Lakam, Lakan, Ulan and Kidlat are staying, Hala and Sidapa were hanging out near the campfire.....

Sidapa: (approaches the campfire) (feels sad) (sits on a wooden log)
Hala: (notices Sidapa) (roasting a chicken on the campfire) what is with that frown face??? Bulan hasn't give you his full temple yet????
Sidapa: stupid.... (throws a stone at Hala)
Hala: (dodges the stone) chill Sidapa.... I was just joking.....
*Ulan and Kidlat approaches Hala and Sidapa*
Ulan: you guys are here? are we up to another hunting expedition again???
Hala: we still have stocks Ulan and... the higher gods will be mad at me if I keep making animals just to kill them.....
Kidlat: (notices Sidapa frowning) what is wrong with him??? Bulan and him are not in good terms???
Sidapa: (stares at the fire) it is not that... (feels annoyed)
*the fire at the fireplace starts to grow stronger and cooking the chicken faster*
Sidapa: it is just.... I am worried about Bulan being worried for Lakas.....
Hala: is this about the marriage thing???
Sidapa: yeah... (nods) I do not want Bulan to be married to anybody else... I do not care if everybody considers me territorial but.... Bulan is mine......
Ulan: why not just tell his family...... you like Bulan...
Kidlat: and of course.... Bulan would be killed if that happens... or exile him.....
Hala: then be it.... Bulan is worth more than this stupid tribe.... and you guys can stay at my place anyway... (winks at Sidapa)
Sidapa: no thanks but... I am worried about who is going to sacrifice..... Bulan doesn't want Lakas to also get married to somebody like Ajas... he is wicked right???? just like his father.....
Ulan: and we killed his father....
Sidapa: that is the point... what if he figures out about his father's disappearance..... he might do things to Lakas and me personally, I am concerned....
Hala: (feels sad) seems like 2 men getting married to people they don't like but since they are brothers, they have to help out and one must sacrifice to save the other......
Sidapa: yes and... Bulan has to be saved because he is mine... personally but Lakas, he has to be saved because Ajas is danger.....
Hala: what if we find somebody to steal Lakas from Ajas....
Kidlat: who could be that???
Lakan: (approaches everyone) (cuts off everyone) good morning to all of you..... I still wanna thank you all for having me in the hunting.... it can also be a big help in the war I am going to join later.....
Lakam: (sadly follows and listens to Lakan)
Ulan: I heard about that and... it is so nice to see you joining and fighting for this land.....
Lakan: I owe the Libulans my whole life.... I found family in them so I better serve them till my death... how about you guys? anybody would join???
Hala: ugh we could actually....
Sidapa: (covers Hala's mouth) (whispers to Hala) he doesn't know that we have magic and.... we can't join the war, stupid!
Hala: (removes Sidapa's hands on his mouth) okay fine.... chill Sidapa....
Lakam: ugh... (feels confused at everybody) anybody?
Kidlat: I am a wild hunter but I do not think I would be ready to risk it all for my brother.... (hugs Ulan)
Ulan: yeah... we lost one when we were young so... we really just have to stick with each other forever.... (smiles at Kidlat) and I love that you have a great mood today brother....
Kidlat: don't tease me.. (rolls his eyes)
Lakam: (looks jealous at Kidlat and Ulan)
Lakan: so... I better prepare my stuffs okay? be right back.. (walks away) (notices and pats Lakam) oh Lakam.... you are here... (left)
Lakam: (sits sadly next to Sidapa and Hala)
Hala: (looks sadly at Lakam) now what's with your frown too????
Ulan: (looks sadly at Lakam) he disagrees with Lakan joining the war because.... (looks at Kidlat) who would not be worried.....
Sidapa: (pats Lakam's back) Lakam.... I will pray for your brother so that he will be safe in battle.....
Lakam: (tears fall on his face) but would the gods listen to me? (looks at Sidapa) you gave me a second life... so I cannot assume you can give one to my brother if ever happens..... would you??? (looks at Hala)
Sidapa: (looks down sadly) you are right.... we gods shouldn't abuse our powers as well...
Hala: (smiles at Lakam) but that doesn't change all our prayers.... I know it is a tough one but..... we will be with you and the other gods will be guiding him....
Lakam: (nods sadly)

It is now afternoon and at the front balcony of the second floor, Lakas was there sitting and lying his back at the edge......

Lakas: (hugs himself) (tries to make himself comfortable)
Bulan: where the hell has Lakas gone to?? (walks in the balcony) (notices Lakas sitting and lying his back on the edge of the balcony) Lakas? you are here???
Lakas: (shuts the entrance behind Bulan) why are you finding me???
Bulan: after lunch, I really decided to find a time for us to talk..... we are now good, right?
Lakas: (nods sadly at Bulan)
Bulan: (sits next to Lakas) I just wanna say that I am worried for you.... you do not have to do this... you do not have to be in the same situation where you will marry the one you really do not want to worry.....
Lakas: (eyes widens at Bulan) you actually do not wanna marry Sahaya?
Bulan: not a chance Lakas.... (tears fall on his face) because she isn't what I really like.... as well as you do not like your situation.....
Lakas: (feels sad) I am sorry if I was so hungry... hungry to become better and think of you as a bad competition... and this is where it led me... a priviledge but still choked by a wicked and demanding man.....
Bulan: so he does hurt you!
Lakas: (shakes his head) (starts crying) no please.... don't think of it that way....
(whispers) (looks around)
Bulan: but Lakas... (cuts off Lakas) I would.... I do not know how but I would do everything to save you away from that marriage.... I am your brother....
Lakas: but you do not want to get married as well.....
Bulan: (holds Lakas' hand) I am still your brother.... and I will be one call away no matter what... for you....
Lakas: (looks sadly nervous at Bulan)

Whose your favorite brothers here? Tune in!
#LibulanSacrificialBrother