Episode 108 : A Child's Play

It is now another morning and at one of the entrances of the Batumbakal Tribe where the portal attached to a tree is located, the locals of the area has finally discovered it and feels concerned and worried about its mysterious existence....

*a crowd gathers up around the tree with an attached portal and worriedly chats to each other about it*
*Lakas, Lakam, Ulan and Kidlat worriedly arrives at the entrance and notices a crowd gathering around the portal attached under a tree*
Kidlat: (feels confused) what are they gathered there for???
Villager #1: (talks to another villager) (whispers) I do think that the events weeks ago are not the last ones happening here..... I think it is the start of something....
Villager #2: (nods sadly and looks down listening to the other villager) I think this is a sign of the world ending..... what can any leadership do about this????
Lakas: (looks concerned and listens to the crowd talking about the portal and the past events) (feels guilty)
Ulan: (tries to peek over the crowd and notices the portal attached to the tree) I think it is the portal that we have seen days ago....
Lakam: (feels worried and looks at Lakas) yeah and... what should we do about this????
Lakas: (clenches his fists bravely) then we should do what we have to do..... (looks at Ulan, Lakam and Kidlat) tell them everything is going to be alright...... (slowly pushes himself through the crowd) excuse me!!! let me take care of this.....
*Lakam, Kidlat and Ulan watches and follows Lakas pushing through the crowd*
Lakas: (approaches and looks confused at the portal) (in his mind) I do not actually still know what this is about.... (looks back at the crowd)
*the crowd notices Lakas facing them*
Villager #3: (feels nervous at the portal) King Lakas.... do you have any idea about what this is about??? because it concerns us about how unusual it is....
Villager #1: (nods listening to the other villager) yeah.... I agree and we are all worried about another supernatural event that would wipe out and destroy this whole village.....
Villager #2: (nervously keeps looking down) hope you cannot blame us for being this frustrated but.... is this the end of times?? is this one of the weird things that is happening lately and are these all the signs of how the whole world are slowly coming to an end????
*Lakam, Kidlat and Ulan approaches Lakas and sadly listens to the crowd*
Lakam: (looks concerned at Lakas)
Lakas: (sadly and guilty looks down listening to everyone) (nods) first of all.... I am not a king yet... I am still the Prince and this tribe is currently king-less and second..... (points everyone) no offense but..... remember how you all turned your backs on my brother that triggered those events? probably anger... darkness... hatred are what causes all of those... probably those same things are what will cause the end of the world..... (slightly feels pissed)
*the crowd guiltily looks down listening to Lakas*
Ulan: (looks worried at Lakas looking pissed) Lakas... calm down....
Lakas: (nods at Ulan and keeps seriously talking to the crowd) but I won't blame you all for that! (shakes his head) like what you all did... I won't do the same instead and spread hatred just because it influences all of you!!
*the crowd remains speechless*
Lakas: and you all are now scared of something that you do not know about now? (points the portal) well.... I just hope you all learned your lesson..... but... (bravely and confidently speaks) instead of speculating what it is... I wanna take the opportunity for you all to decide about it...
*the crowd confusedly looks at each other*
Lakas: I will let you all do what you all want but without leadership... without guide... especially if I sound so harsh right now... I understand if you all are now upset and thinking twice about me being the next king......
Lakam: (keeps sadly listening to Lakas)
Lakas: or let me do my job and reassure you all that I will take care and protect this tribe as your king... just as long as you all! (takes out his sword from his case and points it at everyone) you all promise me that from now on... we won't run by hatred..... because if something weird like this portal... makes you scared... how about obvious hatred from people themselves?????
*the crowd sadly and understandingly talks and looks at each other and nods about Lakas*
*Lakas, Lakam, Ulan and Kidlat watches the crowd talking to each other*
Kidlat: (whispers to Lakas) what do you think the decision of the crowd would be??
Lakas: (shrugs and Kidlat and seriously keeps looking at the crowd)
Villager #4: (looks back and smiles slightly at Lakas) Prince Lakas.... we all... (looks nervously back at the crowd) we all decided....
Lakas: what? (feels curiously confused) what is it????
*the crowd respectfully kneels down and bows at Lakas*
Villager #4: lead us as soon as possible! you are our only home and we promise to cooperate!!!
Crowd: (shouts proudly) all hail King Lakas!!!!!
*the crowd claps happily and proudly*
*Ulan, Lakam and Kidlat smiles proudly at Lakas*
Ulan: I adore you for that Lakas...
Lakam: yeah.... you will be a great king.....
Kidlat: (happily claps for Lakas)
Lakam: (nods and keeps listening seriously to everyone) (in his mind) (feels slightly guilty) I just hope this portal really is not a sign of something bad coming....