Confused and Gay (?)

-Am I Gay? Quiz-

Ryan typed into the search bar and immediately erased it. It was a stupid question, obviously. This was a phase, it had to be. He shut his laptop quietly, deciding the whole situation was just curiosity. He had just moved into this new apartment, away from his family, friends, and basically everyone he had ever know to start anew. After the breakup with his longtime girlfriend, he decided he needed a completely fresh start. With all of these changes, his brain must just be confused. Very confused. 

He leaned back, his mind still running a million miles per hour. It made less sense the more and more he thought about it. Suddenly he felt a cold hand brush his arm, which made him immediately turn around and search for whoever did it. To his horror, or maybe relief, no one was there. 

He got up from the table, suddenly feeling really uneasy. He loved true crime to death (no pun intended), but maybe he had read one too many, and now his mind was playing tricks on him. He believed in ghosts without a doubt, and he didn't need any more proof. However, something told him this wasn't a ghost he was dealing with. He called it intuition, everyone else called him crazy. 

He instinctively makes his way to the bookshelf, where on top he kept a vial of holy water. He cursed himself for his height because he was now standing on his tiptoes trying desperately to reach the bottle.

"Need some help?" he heard a shockingly friendly voice say. Ryan yelped, the sound similar to when you step on a dog's tail and fell backward. He felt a pair of long, boney arms catch him, which only made him more terrified. He looked up at his savor only to be greeted with the wide grin of someone he could describe as one thing. Demonic.

He had wings were wide and looming, their black color casting a shadow over the two men. His horns curled up, similar to a goat's but much larger. His eyes were the only thing light about him, their pale golden color shimmering down at Ryan. 

Ryan screamed, his eyes going wider than he thought possible. There were no thoughts in his head as he stumbled back from the creature, all he knew was that he was trying to survive. The demon stepped back and put both hands to signify his surrender.

"I'm not here to cause trouble" he started, suddenly looking contemplative. "I probably should've introduced myself in a less threatening way, I'm Shane," he said, holding out his hand. Ryan continued his wide eye stare, completely unmoving. 

There was a beat of silence where no one said anything. The demon tensed, prepared for the shorter man to attack or flee.

"Ohmygoddemonsarereal" Ryan said, all as one word. The part of his brain that was terrified was now overshadowed by the supernatural lover part. He always wanted to see a demon, just maybe not this close. Ryan didn't know exactly why he was so sure Shane was a demon, but he knew it. Shane smiled slightly at Ryan's statement, pleasantly surprised. Anyone else would've thrown the holy water at him, or at least they would run away, but Ryan was still here. If anything, It intrigued the demon by this human. 

"I have a proposition for you" Shane continued his explanation, although he wasn't sure if Ryan was entirely there. "I need a place a stay, and this seems about as good a place as any," he said, absentmindedly looking around the apartment. "In exchange, I can protect you" Shane ended.

Ryan was slowly starting to catch up to this insane reality. Although he hadn't fully processed the offer, he nodded his head. Protection sounded pretty nice, especially since Ryan was known for dabbling in supernatural happenings. It would make him feel much better if he had a demon in his corner. Still, he regretted not asking any questions. 

"Yes!" the demon rejoiced, throwing his hands up in the air in celebration. Ryan observed curiously. He wondered why a demon of all things, needed a couch to crash on? It seemed insane, but Ryan had to admit he was exactly an expert on demons.

They both felt that this was the begging of something new, whether it was good or bad had yet to be discovered.