You're Going To Be The Death Of Me

They were driving towards Ryan's mystery location to film for Supernatural, the cameras recording at all times. Ryan hoped that would cut back on Shane's flirting a little bit, but he also knew that was a useless hope.

 The almost-kiss situation hung wordlessly through the air. They hadn't talked about it yet, and Ryan didn't plan on ever bringing it up. He just wanted to sweep it under the rug and pretend like it never happened.

It was a moment of weakness, and that person walking up to them just in time to stop the kiss was a sign. They were co-workers. That's all they were, and all they ever would ever be. Ryan loved Shane, just in a different way now. That's what he was trying to convince himself, anyway. 

"Can I know where we're going now?" Shane whined, tapping impatiently in the car door. He was getting antsy about the unknown location. 

"No, that would ruin the surprise" Ryan responded flatly. He was actually really excited to get Shane's reaction to the church. 

"Oh, you're making surprises for me now?" Shane shot back with a grin. "Are you trying to impress me?"

Ryan rolled his eyes. "Don't flatter yourself, I just need a genuine reaction when we get there for the cameras since you're not that good at acting" 

Shane pouted and grumbled something under his breath. It was difficult to hide the smile that was tugging at his lips, even though Ryan was in an argumentative mood today. The headache that threatened to split his skull open certainly wasn't helping. 

"At least let me know what I should be preparing for" Shane prompted further, looking out the window to memorize his surroundings. He hadn't been able to do any traveling in the overworld yet, so he was buzzing with excitement. This show was the perfect opportunity to get closer to Ryan and see the world. 

Ryan thought about his response for a moment. "Our first stop isn't a haunted location"

"Interesting..." Shane tried to think of where they would go to shoot that wasn't supernatural. 

Ryan pulled into a parking lot after about an hour of driving. Shane had started blaring the radio, despite Ryan's protests. Shane's eyes went wide.

"You're taking me to a church?" He would've laughed if he wasn't so in shock. 

Ryan smiled. "I need to learn how to deal with demons, I figured I'd consult an expert"

"Deal with demons?" Shane asked, trying to stall for as long as possible.

"Yeah, there been this one following me around for a while and I need a way to get rid of it" Ryan laughed out, picking up the camera on the dash and getting out of the car.

"Very funny, Bergara" Shane muttered, following him. He looked up at the church, it was huge and looming. Shadows cast over them with a foreboding aura. Shane knew this was a bad idea, but he would be damned if he let Ryan go in there alone. Who knows what lies the priest would tell about demons. 

Humans weren't exactly experts on the supernatural, after all. Mostly they just made up their own stories and blamed everything they can't explain on demons. All of the misinformation out there was annoying, and it was hard not to correct people. 

"Come on Shane, you can't stand out here forever," Ryan said, holding a camera and a small bag. The rest of their luggage was shoved into the back of the small car. 

Shane sighed. "Let's do this"

The second they crossed the threshold of the church, Shane got a nose bleed. His headache was 10 times worse, and he could feel everyone's eyes on him.