He Did WHAT?!

"Get on with it then," Ricky said with clenched teeth. His patience was running especially thin since Shane was currently nowhere to be found. There was no need to play nice with C.C Tinsely, anyway. 

"If you insist" Tinsely replied, setting the folder down on the wood desk. Ricky thumbed through it, skimming the files and glancing over the photos. Nothing jumped out at him. 

"What does any of this mean?" Ricky asked with annoyance. The detective was already vexing enough on a normal day, but right now he was being especially elusive. He knew what he was doing too, as Ricky could notice the playful grin that played on the detective's lips. 

"Well I've gotten plenty of reports from your staff that Shane seems different recently, so I decided to look into it," Tinsely told the story with a sense of whimsy. "I suspect Madej has lost his memories"

"I hate to admit it, but you are a wonderful storyteller," Ricky said smoothly with a slight smile. "Sadly, that's all this is. A story" 

"Is it?" Tinsely asked, raising one eyebrow. "Look at page 25"

Ricky reluctantly flipped through the pages as he kept up his facade of exasperation. He couldn't let Tinsely know he was onto something, It would feed his ego too much, not to mention a story like this being published would certainly affect Bark and Bite. 

Page 25 contained a detailed report of how 3 demons found a living human wandering around the forests of hell, looking for one of the most feared demons. Ricky snarled, knowing this was Ryan. Apparently, he convinced these 3 demons to show him where Shane was by showing that Shane had marked him. Oddly enough, Shane couldn't remember this human with his mark. How could that be possible? 

"Tinsely, you should really become a fantasy author" Ricky laughed. "I'm honored that you showed your little fairytale to me first, but I should really get back to work now"

"You know I'm right" Tinsely shot back, not taking Ricky's bait. He was so close to a breakthrough, he could feel it. If he could just talk to Shane he would know for sure if his suspicions were true. He put his hand on the desk and leaned down slightly to look Ricky directly in the eyes. 

Ricky shut the folder and pushed it into Tinsely's chest with a solid shove. C.C was getting a little too comfortable by being so close. "Don't come back"

"You know I can't stay away" C.C responded with a smile. He took his folder and made his way towards the door, knowing he wasn't going to get anything else out of Ricky. "By the way, you should come by ace's again, ill buy you a drink"

"Go to Hell" Ricky snapped back, not enjoying the joke in the slightest. They had always had a flirty repour, but that's all it was. Especially now. 

Tinsely chucked. "Wouldn't that be an entertaining sight," He said, more himself than to Ricky. "Good day" and with that, he was gone. Ricky's jaw tightened and he reached for his phone to call Shane again. 

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

"You promised you would let me up" Shane grunted, trying to get to his phone. It was next to impossible with Ryan refusing to let him go by having a tight hold around his waist.

"I never said that" Ryan argued back, tightening his grip. "I specifically said I make no promises"

"Looks it's the uh-" Shane had to think of something Ryan would turn to look at, but he couldn't remember anything. "It's the sports guy that you like" 

"Really? That's all you got?" Ryan shot back with an eye roll. It was adorable that he thought that old trick would work. It was such a Shane thing to do.