Drama Queen

Shane and Ryan decided to have a day in as they waited for Shane's wounds to heal. Ryan liked this more than staying in a haunted movie theater. They started off on opposite ends of the couch, Shane watching some history show on TV and Ryan typing up a script for a future video. Once Ryan got bored of working he started inching closer to Shane, who didn't seem to take notice as he was enthralled by whatever he was watching. 

Ryan thought back to yesterday, before the demon attack. It was a confusing, yet exciting situation. He reasoned that since Shane made the first move yesterday, the ball was now in his court. Ryan knew he wasn't the best at initiating things but he wanted to try to get the other man's attention. Step one was to watch this show with him to have something to talk about, that would get the momentum going. 

At this point, Shane had essentially convinced himself that Ryan hated him. Although he had no evidence, in fact, most things pointed to the exact opposite direction, he still fully believed Ryan was just being nice. Ricky had said one time Shane pushed people away every time he started to actually like someone, but certainly this wasn't the case. 

He bit the inside of his cheek as he thought about his failure. When he promised to protect Ryan, he fully intended to protect him from the sight of any violence as well. To be fair, Shane had never seen so many demons concentrated around one human before. 

Ryan noticed this slight shift and demeanor and got even closer. It looked like his attention wasn't fully focused on the show anymore which gave him a nice opportunity. 

"You really like these history shows, huh?" Ryan said, snapping Shane back to reality. He looked down at the shorter man and offered a warm smile. He wanted to push him away because there was no way this could end well, but something screamed over that urge and begged for Ryan to get closer. It was a confusing push and pull of emotions that had no control over. He hated that just with one look, Ryan could send him into a flurry of confusion. 

"I think it's really interesting" Shane explained, resisting the urge to ramble on about his favorite moments in history. 

"Is there like... demon history?" Ryan asked. This was half an attempt to flirt, but also an attempt to learn more about demons. He thought now was as good a time as any to start asking questions considering what had happened last night.

"I wonder what took you so long to ask," Shane said with a knowing smile. Ryan felt a slight blush of embarrassment grow across his face that he prayed Shane didn't notice. "But yes, we do have 'demon history' but back home we just call it history. honestly, it's not nearly as interesting as this" Shane gestured to the tv which was playing a special about JFK. 

"I doubt that for some reason" Ryan prompted Shane to continue. He was trying to test the waters to see what made Shane tick. 

"Trust me, total snooze-fest" Shane assured him. He thought back to the endless homework assignments about unimportant events, and when something was interesting they brushed over it. The whole thing was very dull. "You know, I used to think I would've history teacher when I was younger" Shane added. 

This made Ryans ears perk up, this sounded important. He always liked it when people talked about their childhood dreams. 

"Really?"

"Mhm, I decided against it at the last minute" Shane talked about the situation as if it didn't happen all that long ago. This prompted several more questions from Ryan. 

"So what did you end up doing?" Ryan tried to make his tone sound nonchalant, but he was extremely curious. Everything regarding the supernatural realm had always interested (and terrified) him. It felt like a dream come true to have a demon history buff right in front of him. 

"hmm," Shane thought about how he could answer this. It was a long, complicated story that he didn't exactly like to share. "Independently wealthy" 

"That's a bit ominously vague" 

"Thank you, I try," Shane said with yet another witty smile. Ryan playfully punched his arm, careful not to hit him too hard. Shane noticed his hesitation and gave him a challenging look, urging him to continue. 

"Come on, you have to tell me now" Ryan begged, leaning slightly closer. It was like he was being pulled toward Shane by an invisible force.

"Do I?" Shane said, his voice slightly lower than it was before. His eyes flickered down to Ryan's lips then back to his eyes in an instant. He's just being nice, continued to play over and over again in his mind. He tried to fight back the desire that now taking over his body but to no avail. 

"Well if you're not going to tell me, you owe me something else" Ryan teased, getting even closer until their lips were just a few inches apart. He watched as Shane's eyes went wide and finally connected their kiss.

Shane felt his heart nearly beat out his chest. It was absolutely surreal how happy this human made him. As much as he wanted to push him away, his desire to hold him was much stronger.