Cross My Heart, Hope To Die

"Shane, you have to wake up" Ryan was shaking Shane, but he wouldn't wake up. He was laying on his back with one hand over his eyes to block out the light. It had been an exhausting 10 minutes trying to get him up. Usually, Ryan would wake up pretty early so planned on letting Shane sleep in, but they had something to do today. They couldn't get started on these plans if Shane refused to even get out of bed. 

"No..." Shane groaned in a low voice, pushing Ryan off him for the thousandth time. It didn't take much effort but it was annoying. 

"You have to!" Ryan retorted, getting right back on him and straddling him, feeling like he was making a little bit of progress. That was until he saw the small smile that started to creep onto Shane's face. "What's that look for..?"

"Stay with me" Shane pleaded, grabbing Ryan's hands and pulling him closer to his face. Ryan's hands were now on either side of Shane's head and their faces were inches apart. So far, this seemed to be a decent tactic because, for a moment, Ryan stopped his attempts to pull Shane up. 

"We have places to go" Ryan breathed out, staring at Shane's lips for a second then shifting to look into his eyes. 

"I want you to stay right here" Shane said, hoping it would be enough to convince him to sleep in just a little bit later. 

"Nice try, Madaj" Ryan said with a mocking smile. He kissed Shane's forehead then got off of him, throwing a shirt at his face. "Now get up" 

"You've betrayed me" Shane pouted as he reluctantly stood up, slipping on the shirt. He wasn't running out of shirts that actually fit him since he had been borrowing Ryan's clothes, so it was a little tight. It was a white button-up that looked slightly too fancy for Shane's taste, but he wasn't exactly in the position to complain. 

"Are you finally ready?" Ryan asked Shane as he checked himself one more time in the mirror. The excitement was building up as the time got closer. They had a filming session planned for today, but afterward, Ryan was going to take him to one of his favorite spots. It was a quiet little hillside where they could have a picnic. He knew it was cliche, but cliche could be good sometimes. 

"Yeah, yeah" Shane said accompanied by an eye-roll. He came up behind Ryan and set his head on top of Ryan's, his arms resting on Ryan's shoulders. 

"Your really good at distracting me" Ryan said, smiling slightly. he could see Shane's tired eyes looking at him in the mirror. He would've felt bad about waking him up so early if he wasn't so sure Shane would love the date. 

Shane tried to keep his thoughts set on the day ahead of him, but his mind kept drifting back to Ricky. Shane absolutely loathed confrontation when it was about something actually serious. The bickering was one thing, but serious conversations were a whole other ballpark. Ricky always won when they seriously fought, but Shane needed to win this time. He needed to fight for Ryan. 

"Come one, big guy" Ryan said, pulling him out of the apartment and towards the parking lot. Shaen savored the feeling of Ryan's hand intertwined with his as they made their way to the car. 

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

"I really appreciate you doing this for me" Ricky said as he walked alongside Robert, his friend who would go up to get Shane. 

"No problem" He replied "Really I've been meaning to catch with both of you" Robert had been business partners with Ricky for a while, so by proxy he had gotten to know Shane. They were a peculiar pair but it was entertaining, no doubt. It seemed impossible that a demon like Shane would go up to the human world for such a long time. 

When Ricky called him to inform Shane that he was breaking the laws, he couldn't believe it. 

"Are you sure this will convince him to come home?" Ricky asked, looking up at Robert. His hope for getting Shane home was quickly depleting after seeing all the previous failed attempts. the more time Shane spent up there with that human, the more he wanted to stay. it would be best to get Shane out of there as quickly as possible in order to avoid him being too attached. Shane should've been home by now, or at least visited. Something was wrong.

"Yes, yes" Robert assured him. He was confident in his abilities to point out the obvious law Shane was breaking. A demon of that level should already know, so it wasn't a very daunting task. "You don't have to worry about it anymore" 

It felt good to be getting the old gang back together. He thought back to when he first met Shane and Ricky and smiled fondly at the memory. They had all just gotten out of college and Ricky called them to all meet up at a coffee shop. None of them had decided on what they were going to going to do for work so Ricky figured he would pitch them a business idea. Of course, Shane was on board immediately. Robert took a little more convincing, but eventually, he agreed to the insane idea. Luckily for all of them, the business really took off. 

That's how Ricky and Shane had been able to afford their houses because they sold the company as soon as it got big. Robert kept his share and still runs it to this day. Shane noticed that, for whatever reason, Shane didn't really like to talk about this past. 

Maybe that was due to the... homicidal nature of the business. However, everyone else saw it as a badge of honor. Shane had always been an odd one when it came to morals. 

"I'll be back before you know it" Robert assured Ricky as he approached the mirror Ricky had hanging in the dining room. He silently wondered why Shane was spending so much time up there, but he figured he would find out when he got there.