Maybe, Maybe

Ryan stepped into the coffee shop and made a beeline for the counter. He needed coffee asap, then he would start working. He grabbed a table towards the back, bringing his giant cup of coffee with him. 

His hangover was terrible, but he powered through it to flash the barista a smile as he ordered. Pretending everything was normal always helped him calm his anxiety. 

He was hesitant to open up the footage of last night. It wasn't like he didn't believe Shane, he just wasn't ready to see the way he was acting. But curiosity got the better of him, and he needed to know what happened. He just needed to know how bad the damage was. How much did he confess? How much of it was true?

He skipped through, finding the point where they both came home. Shane was carrying Ryan and set him on the bed. Ryan took a sip of coffee to distract himself momentarily, it was too hot and burned his mouth.

"I love you" He heard his drunken self slur. Shane laughed and kissed his forehead. 

"I know, now go to sleep" Shane replied. Ryan could barely see their outline in the dimly lit room, but he could tell that Shane was doing his best to dodge Ryan's advances. 

Ryan winced at the footage. Shane was never going to let him live this down. He clicked out of the video quickly and decided to actually get some work done. Of course, that meant re-watching footage of him and Shane as he tried not to reminisce. 

His brain switched over to autopilot as he dove into work. He had gotten pretty good at ignoring things by distracting himself. 

Back at the house, Shane was slowly getting the motivation to get out of bed. He wasn't exactly sure what they had scheduled for today, but he was already dreading it. 

Finally, he got a call from Ricky. As much as he had been pushing his worries to the back of his mind, he couldn't deny that he was feeling a bit of anxiety about the situation. It wasn't like Ricky to not answer his phone for so long.

"Strike one, Madej," Ricky said. Shane could imagine the sour look Ricky probably had on his face right now. 

"Strike one? What are you going to do if I get to strike three?" Shane laughed. He put the phone on speaker then started to get dressed. 

"You don't want to find out" Ricky responded in his usual dry tone. "How was filming?" 

"It was fine" Shane bit his lip at the lie. He forget Ricky knew all about his schedule. "How's work going"

"Tinsely is annoying as ever" Ricky sighed. "Other than that, not much is happening" 

"When are you two going to date?" Shane asked as he pulled on a pair of black jeans. 

Ricky scoffed at the ridiculous suggestion. "Never, obviously. We hate each other if you haven't noticed"

"Sure you do, which is why he asks you out all the time" Shane argued. 

"As a joke," Ricky said with an eye roll. 

"Enemies who have little inside jokes" Shane laughed. "It sounds like you guys really hate each other" 

In an attempt to change the subject, Ricky blurted out, "Why didn't you call last night?"

Shane knew Ricky was trying to deflect the previous conversation but answered anyway. "Ryan was... sick"

"Liar, tell me what really happened" Ricky replied instantly. "You're not as good at lying as you think you are"

Shane sighed. "He was drunk, I had to take care of him"