Party Planning

Ricky knew as soon as he woke up that Shane wasn't there. Part of him hoped Shane just got up early to go to work, but he knew logically that was impossible. He didn't have the energy to spend getting pissed off and calling Shane, so he just sighed and started going about his day. It was understandable that Shane would want to get away for a little, Ricky just wished he would tell him before he left. 

Besides, he had a party to plan. Next week, Shane would be making his decision and he decided there needed to be a celebration. It was the same day he would be released from Bite and Bark. Ricky wasn't worried about Shane choosing to stay in Hell, but he was worried about Shane staying at work. Technically, the contract would be lifted, but Ricky was really hoping Shane would continue working anyway.  

He told himself he wouldn't call, but he had to once just to make sure he was ok. Of course, no response. What if something actually happened? What if Tinsely got to him? The possibility that he went back to Ryan was one he didn't even want to entertain. 

Ricky drove to work, trying not to worry about Shane too much. He sent a few texts but there was no response (as expected). There was no time to worry about Shane, he had a lot of work to get done. He had to figure out who was giving C.C Tinsely the inside details of the company. 

"Good morning, Mr. Goldsworth" The receptionist greeted him with a cheery attitude. Everyone had gotten used to 'Good Mood Ricky', a fatal mistake. "Will Mr. Madej be here today?"

He shot her a glare and approached the desk boldly. "What's your name, Dollface?"

"Uh- Olivia, sir" she stammered. It was odd how aggressive his tone was, and even more weird to see him without Shane. 

"Olivia, I have a question," Ricky said, leaning down slightly so he could look her directly in the eyes. He didn't want to hear any lies. "Have you heard any rumors about Shane?"

"I-i'm sure I don't know what you mean" She insisted, her eyes darting down for a moment. Ricky took notice of this and grabbed her jaw to force her to hold eye contact. 

"I don't like being lied to" He forced out through gritted teeth. She stared at him with wide eyes, she had never seen this side of Ricky. 

"I heard that he lost his memory, but that all! I swear!" She responded quickly. "And we all know it's just a rumor" she added. 

He released her jaw and stormed off to his office without another word. It was obvious now he had been too soft on the employees and they don't respect him enough. The fastest way to respect was fear. 

He knew he couldn't trust anyone other than Shane, and even that was risky. Shane meant well, he just wasn't... stable. There were a select few people he found reliable, though. To get to the bottom of these rumors so he knew exactly how to combat them, he called a high-level assassin who everyone just called Mari. 

She was there when Shane and Ricky originally started the company, and she has more than proven her worth. She was the only other assassin that even came close to Ricky's kill count. It was terrifying but very profitable.  

"Olivia" He yelled. She came scurrying in instantly, and Ricky pretended not to get gratification from how nervous she looked. That was respect. 

"Yes, sir?" She asked, standing up straight and avoiding eye contact. 

"Bring in Mari" He demanded, shuffling some papers. Who knew party planning took so much work?

"But sir-" She started, then promptly stopped. Ricky shot her look that made his message clear. He wasn't asking. It was common knowledge that Mari did not like to be disturbed, but Olivia weighed the options and decided she would rather piss her off than take her chances with Ricky.