Talk

"No, you are actually insane" Shane laughed out, looking at Ryan's phone over his shoulder. Ryan looked up at Shane with an annoyed expression. He was playing the video from his trip on the queen mary, the fateful voyage that would make him a believer forever. 

"I am not, that is clearly a ghost" Ryan argued, gesturing at his phone. Shane shook his head with a small smirk on his face. 

"Its clearly not" Shane retorted, brushing off the 'evidence'. "I think I would I know better" 

"I think you're blind," Ryan said rolling his eyes. Pretty much everyone he showed the video to had the same reaction, he thought his DEMON boyfriend might believe him. Turns out, he's just as annoying about it, if not more. "It's not like you know what every ghost is doing at all times, it's very possible"

"Are you two done yet?" Ricky huffed out, tapping his foot impatiently. So far the plan was going just fine because Ryan and Shane could barely look at anything other than each other. Sara scribbled some notes during the first few minutes but eventually, she gave up and just enjoyed the show. 

"Sara, settle this debate" Shane said, ignoring Ricky. She squinted at the video and shrugged.

"Could be ghosts" Sara admitted which earned her a dismissive hand wave from Shane. For people who were supposed to be dating, they sure argued a lot. Sara couldn't help but notice that Ricky was getting increasingly agitated the more Shane and Ryan talked. She was having fun watching the little argument but for some reason he seemed really bothered. 

Ryan laughed triumphantly. "See?" it seems finally the pointless argument had come to an end. Sara found the show to be amusing, but it was obvious Ricky was not happy. Ryan could see this aggravation in Ricky and wondered what had changed between them. The moment he thought their relationship was improving was the second Ricky turned cold. 

Ricky was fed up with the pointless bickering and pulled Ryan up from the couch. Ryan kept a straight face but a brief moment of panic passed through him as Ricky had hold of his arms. 

"I'm taking this one" Ricky announced. his expression had settled on a slightly annoyed, but overall blank look. He couldn't take any more of the pair fawning over each other so he decided it was time to separate them. Sara could interview Shane, and Ricky could... he really didn't think this through. Now he had to spend time alone with Ryan which was guaranteed to be awkward. Not to mention he had to keep it a secret that Shane was sick. 

"Can I ask why?" Shane inquired, glancing at Ryan's confused expression. What could Ricky possibly want with Ryan?

"No" Ricky said, pushing Ryan towards the door. Shane could hear Ryan asking about where they were going, but Ricky just kept ushering him out of the room. 

"He sure is an odd one..." Sara trailed off as she watched them leave. Shane smiled fondly at her comment and nodded in agreement. Shane looked at the notebooks sprawled across the coffee table and furrowed his brow. It was obvious she had made an attempt to cover up the most incriminating titles, but her motives were clear. 

Shane didn't really like people snooping around his past, especially when did this much research on it. He had to doubt her story about dating Ricky and wondered, why would he help her? It was impossible that she tricked him, right? For the time being Shane would play along with the charade but he knew something was wrong here. 

He assumed Sara was about a level 5, judging by the size of her horns that could barely be seen from under her curly hair. Still, something seemed off with her. 

"I have some questions," Sara said, her tone shifting from excited to acting professionally. it was odd to see quickly she could shift and caught Shane off guard. He didn't want to doubt her intentions but her mannerisms were seeming more and more like a nosey journalist. 

"Shoot" He replied, his eyes still lingering on the door. He gritted his teeth and prepared for what he thought was going to be an onslaught of unanswerable questions. 

"Well, Ricky mentioned something about you being sick. so I wanted to ask how about how you're feeling" Sara asked, an innocent smile on her face. Shane raised an eyebrow, taken aback by the misdirection.

"Oh that!" He laughed, dismissing his previous cynicism. "I'm fine, don't listen to Ricky he blows everything out of proportion"

She laughed along with him, trying to act like she knew how much Ricky worried. In truth, she was learning more about him now than she was Shane. It would be helpful, nonetheless.

"My turn to ask a question," Shane said, leaning forward. Sara straightened her posture and looked up at him. "Where did you two meet?"

"The library" She returned with a small smile. the answer obviously perplexed Shane by the way he tilted his head like a confused puppy. She looked over the sea of books that were spilling over the table and wondered how she was even able to carry all of them. 

"That's weird I didn't know Ricky went to the library" Sara bit her lip. Although her answer wasn't a lie, she couldn't reveal the whole truth either. 

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

"Shane keeps insisting that you're not gonna be leaving us anytime soon" Ricky said as he slowed his pace to a stop. They were in a wind open field not too far from the house that was bordered by trees. 

Ryan furrowed his brow at the comment but kept his mouth shut. It seems Ricky had fully returned to his usual cold self.

"So you're going to have to learn to protect yourself" Ricky said, allowing his demon form to slip away as he fully transformed into a human. He rolled his shoulders to shake the unnatural feeling of not having wings. Ryan tried not to stare but curiosity made him take a peek every few seconds. 

"What do you mean?" Ryan asked with one eyebrow raised. Ever since he had first arrived to Hell, ryan ha dheard many ludicrious things. Why would he need to protect himself? First of all, Shane would always be there. And besides, it wasnt like there was anyone after them, right?

"Hit me" Ricky demanded, opening his arms to give Ryan a target. Whenever he and Shane would spare, it was common for Ricky to be allowed to get the first hit in. This was on account of the fact Ricky rarely won. It was nice to have someone else be the underdog for once. Being in his human form would also help ryan out, but nothing would give him an advantage. 

"What?" He was so taken aback by the invitation. Out of all the crazy shit Ricky has said, this took the cake. 

"I mean it, as hard as you can" Ricky encouraged Ryan. He wanted to see just what he dealing with before training him. After a little deliberation, Ricky thought teaching Ryan how to fight would be the best activity to avoid talking too much.

Ryan stood there with a bewildered look on his face for a few moments then vehemently shook his head. 

"No! of course not!" Ryan took a step back.

"I don't have all day" Ricky huffed out, his patience was already running low from this morning and he really didn't want to deal with this. "You're not going to hurt me if that's what you're worried about" 

Ryan sighed and hesitantly approached Ricky, half expecting this to turn out to be a joke. 

"If you don't, I'm going to have to make the first move" Ricky warned.

"Alright, alright" He grumbled.

He punched Ricky in the lower stomach on the right side, only putting about half his power behind it. To Ryan's surprise, Ricky didn't even falter slightly. 

"See? that wasn't that hard," Ricky said while taking Ryan's right hand in his. He moved Ryan's fist into a better formation. "You have to keep your hand like this or you'll break it" 

Ryan nodded and kept his fist in the same position. It felt unnatural, but he trusted that Ricky knew more about fighting than he did. This was mostly due to all the scars he saw riddling not only Ricky's hands but up his forearms.