Ace's

"No thanks," Shane responded without giving it a second thought. He waved the man away absentmindedly and turned back to Ricky. 

"Aww, come on" The man persisted, taking a seat next to Shane. Ricky shot him a glare but it did little to detour him from advancing. He placed his hand on Shane's thigh and looked at him with a wide grin. 

Shane wrenched his hand off with a surprising amount of force, just enough to throw him off but not enough to actually hurt him. The man barely flinched as his smile grew wider. It became clear that this wasn't just a random patron of Ace's, but someone looking for trouble. Shane tensed and prepared himself for whatever this stranger might try to pull next, Ricky followed his lead. 

"So all the rumors are true, huh? Madej really is back" the man's face suddenly shifted and contorted until Shane was staring at C.C Tinsely.

"Oh goddammit," Ricky cursed, putting his head in his hands. Great, this was just what he needed. Ricky reached into his jacket pocket and reached for the pistol that kept on him at all times now that he was back at work. It was dangerous, sure, but that was all part of the fun. 

Tinsely put his hands up at the sight of weapons, but movements were slow and lazy. He wasn't scared in the slightest, putting his hands up was simply a courtesy. "Now, now, I'm not here to cause any trouble"

"Then what are you here to do?" Shane asked, sitting more towards Ricky. It had been years since he had run into Tinsely and the last time they saw each other was explosive, to say the least. 

"I couldn't believe the news, I had to see it myself" He leaned in closer to inspect Shane, noting that he had taken a human form. He also noted that he smelled of the overworld, and he had a necklace around his neck with an R carved into it. He hypothesized that it stood for Ricky, but there was no way to be sure at the moment, The pair had always had a perplexing relationship that was difficult for him to put a label on. 

"Great, you've seen him, now fuck off" Ricky urged him, his stare cold and demanding. The whole purpose of this trip was to show Shane that Hell wasn't all bad, and C.C Tinsely certainly wasn't helping the cause.

C.C got up with a small smile still remaining on his face and started to walk away. But not before placing his hand on Shane's shoulder and whispering "I will find out who you are"

His words sent an invisible shover down Shane's mind but he wouldn't give Tinsely the satisfaction of physically flinching. 

"What an asshole" Ricky said as he walked away with a self-satisfied grin. Shane was staring off into space, once again fidgeting with the necklace. Ricky glanced at the small movement then got up. "Let's go home"

I wish I could, Shane thought, but he pushed the thought down. They walked side by side out of the bar, the dingy door creaking loudly as they did. Shane was shocked to see that the sky had turned into a deep crimson, a lot of time had passed. 

Ricky balled his fist as they walked to the car and tried not to let the interaction unsettle him. Shane, for whatever reason, wouldn't allow Ricky to Kill C.C Tinsely. There was such a simple solution to this persistent problem yet Shane's annoying little morals kept getting in the way. Since he saw Tinsely as an innocent, albeit a bothersome one, Shane wouldn't let anyone hurt him. 

They went home, talking about unimportant topics and once again voiding anything too touchy. They never used to have to walk around eggshells when they talked to each other, but now it was just standard. Shane knew he couldn't even vent about Ryan if he wanted to because Ricky would turn it into a reason they should break up. 

Shane must have zoned out because when he came back to reality he was sitting on the couch watching a movie with Ricky. The sky had turned from the blood color to black and the fire was crackling in the background. It felt like home. 

Ricky entered the living room and sat next to Shane, their legs just barely touching. his mind drifted to Ryan again and he checked the time, 10:30. It hadn't been all that long since he saw Ryan but he couldn't ignore the yearning he felt. Ryan was right to be mad, but did he really have to kick him out for the night? 

Shane smiled, coming up with a loophole to the predicament. All he had to do was wait until 12, then it would technically be the next day, which meant Ryan would have to let him in. 

"Earth to Shane" Ricky snapped to get his attention, sitting slightly closer in the process. "You've been spacing out for a while now, what's wrong?" 

"It's nothing" He lied, thinking about Ryan. It wasn't fair that he couldn't talk to Ricky about everything anymore. 

Ricky frowned slightly, but let Shane's lie go as he turned back to watch whatever was on TV. He wasn't paying any attention to it though, as his thoughts were solely focused on the slow rising and falling of Shane's breathing. 

He cuddled closer to Shane, putting the blanket over both of them.

"What are you doing?" Shane asked, looking down at Ricky with one eyebrow raised. He could feel his heat and smell the alcohol on his breath. 

"It's cold" Ricky mumbled, putting his shaking hands around Shane's arm. He allowed this to happen, but Shane couldn't stop thinking about what Ryan had said. 

It wasn't completely inconceivable that Ricky might have feelings, Shane just prayed that it wasn't true...

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Ryan was staring at his laptop in an attempt to get some work done, but no motivation came to him. He checked his phone for what felt like the thousandth time but there were still no messages from Shane. He wasn't even sure if he wanted Shane to text. The situation was frustrating and confusing, he just wanted it to be simple.

There was that longing feeling again, the yearning for the good times. He stared down at the dark screen and bit his lip. He didn't regret what he said, but he also didn't like how things played out. Of course, in the perfect world, Ricky would've never shown up to give Shane the option to leave. His words started echoing through his head.

You need him more than he needs you

He groaned, remembering the words felt like a sharp stab. Maybe it was time to try and get some sleep, even though he knew it would be restless. The deadline for Shane's decision was getting closer which made him more anxious and excited at the same time. On one hand, if- no, when Shane chose to stay it meant that things could finally be normal. On the other...

He shook the doubts from his head and shut the laptop. There was no point in dwelling on it right now. 

"Hey, Ry" He heard a voice say from behind him. He jumped and quickly spun around, only to be greeted by Shane.

"Jesus Christ, you scared me" Ryan said, his heart still pounding. He exhaled with relief then looked up at Shane with confusion. He wasn't supposed to be home until tomorrow. "What are you doing here?"

Shane gestured to the clock, 12:00 exactly. "It's the next day" he was beaming at his brilliant idea. 

"I guess you're technically right" Ryan sighed, hiding the smile that was coming to his lips. It was good to see that Shane was acting normal even after everything. 

"Of course I am" Shane quipped with a grin before kissing Ryan. "I missed you"

Ryan scrunched up his nose. "You're drunk"

"A little" Shane admitted. "and you were right"

"About what?" Ryan asked, it was suspicious that Shane would admit he was right about anything. This was out of character for the cocky demon, to say the least. 

"About Ricky"