Clueless

Gina swirled her glass slowly while listening to Ryan rant about some true crime case. She smirked at how enthusiastic he was about it. It was great that she was getting him talking, but now it was time to make moves. 

On the other side of the room, Ricky grabbed Shane's arms, forcing him to stop his beeline to the bar. 

"What do you want?" Shane asked, annoyed at the interruption. Ricky was trying to think of a reason why he shouldn't go over to Ryan. Shane looked over the crowd to try and see where his boyfriend was, but there were more people here now. 

"Uh- the blood!" He said after a moment's pause. "You have blood all over your shirt, you're gonna scare him" 

Shane scrunched up his nose but thought Ricky was right. Ryan was pretty squeamish to the sight of blood, so it only made sense to clean up a bit before he went to see him again. Still, that nagging feeling of anxiety stuck in the back of his mind and ate away at any logical thoughts.

"Fine, let's make it quick," Shane said, going straight for the stairs. Ricky followed after him, allowing himself a sigh of relief. He caught the sight of Mari parading around with a triumphant grin on her face. Ricky could fathom why Shane would let her win when he knew she would be an asshole about it. Yeah, it made her happy, but why did he care so much about that? 

Shane would always be an enigma to him. Especially recently, Shane had become even more of a mystery. It made Ricky more intrigued about what was going through his head. 

Ryan kept searching through the crowd of people to try to catch a sight of Shane, but he hadn't shown up yet. The fight ended almost 10 minutes ago, he should have been here by now. 

"Oh, right!" Gina said, pretending not to notice that Ryan hadn't taken a single sip of his drink. "I was supposed to introduce to Madej" 

Ryan nodded with a small smile on his face. "Yeah, right" 

"Come on, let's find him" She stood up and took Ryan's arm before leading him into the thick of the crowd. Ryan walked alongside her, keeping Shane's jacket close to his chest. The staring was getting better, only a few people kept their eyes on him. It must be because Shane was attracting as much attention to him. 

Ryan caught sight of Robert leaning against the wall in the corner of the room, watching everyone pensively. that man always gave Ryan the creeps. 

Gina must have noticed his discomfort because she leaned down and whispered an explanation. "Don't worry about him too much, he's doesn't do any harm. Robert just reads mind a little too much"

"Reads minds?!" Ryan asked, his eyes going wide. "Demons can read minds?"

Gina laughed. "You really are clueless, huh?" 

Ryan rolled his eyes sarcastically. "Well I'm sorry but I've lived in the overworld my whole life" 

"Yes, all demons over level 4 can," She said. Ryan stared off into space. Shane and Ricky could both read his mind this whole time? "You do know what levels are, right?" she tacked on while walking away from Robert. She didn't want to blow her cover. 

Ryan nodded. "Ricky explained them to me"

"Goldsworth? You actually had a conversation with him?" gina asked, bewildered. The more she learned about Ryan, the more she was confused. 

"Surprising, I know," Ryan scoffed. He hadn't seen Ricky in a while either. 

"Oh my god!" Gina said, stopping suddenly. "This is my favorite song! We have to dance" 

Before Ryan could protest, Gina placed her hands on his shoulders. Ryan could barely hear the music over the murmur of the crowd, but he could tell it was a slow song.