Chapter 28

Sorry for late update,

Manik winced for a second while removing that dagger from his arm , after removing the dagger he ran into her arms and hugged her tightly . He broke the hug and cupped her cheeks , he was checking her face with unsettled emotions ,

"U r safe " he said it to himself and again hid her face in the crook of his neck .

"What was the need of playing hero ?" Again he palmed her neck and brought her face near his and then his eyes met with hers , she was terribly woebegone with the recent news she heard.

"I couldn't think of anything else other than saving you" without blinking her eyes she spoke the truth . Her eyes were fierce.

"I already knew what I was risking while coming here ...... I could have handle it if u wouldn't have stepped into it " with other hand he was caressing her face. Indeed he risked his life by coming here but he was prepared for it nd that's why he brought his gun inside the college campus .

"I knew you will save me anyhow " this time she broke the hug to see his injured arm . His shirt was slightly teared on the part of his bicep .

"How?" He asked looking at her but she was busy in examining his injury , blood was oozing out.

"Idk but I feel ...... I can trust you with my life" something stirred inside his heart , ever so selfish man felt responsible after years and mainly responsible for keeping her trust safe, that's the first time in his life . She said that so quickly as if she didn't wasted even second for thinking about it and kept doing her work of opening his shirts buttons.

"Take it out ..... I will bring first aid " after opening buttons she went to search for first aid kit in his car . And he followed her command.

"Oouch " she landed on his lap when he pulled her hand . He was sitting on ground when she came back again with first aid kit in her hands.

"Be in this position only" he stopped her there on his lap when she was trying to get up , but in response she glared him .

"I mean it will be easy for u to treat my wound nd also for me to treat urs  "he gave an excuse which was buyable too , but before she could take decision he started doing his work leaving no option for her denial.

"Also ur precious rented saree won't be dirty" she narrowed her eyes at him when he taunted her without looking at her annoyed face. 

"Aaah.... What are you doing? " she spoke in irritation because he literally threw her Pallu away from her body but she held it in middle.

"Ohh come on ..... It's barely hiding anything" he too said without thinking and just looking in between the open gap of her blouse , which was revealing her bare skin between valley of her bossoms. 

"Certified pervert" she greeted her teeth and covered her chest , hiding exotic view from his eyes and he averted his gaze .

"Umm ..... I was just checking fittings " he said looking here and there with playful smirk on his face . She dipped cotton boll in antiseptic liquid. 

"Bloody lier " she said under her breath and stabbed cotton on his wound with force at which he winced.

He took new cotton boll from her hand and when she raised her eyebrow he gently rubbed that cotton on her stomach where dagger had touched her.