Chapter 41

Om the occasion of auspicious festival of Diwali Nandini have holiday yet she had to wake up early in the morning because of her mother's ritual of having bath before sunrise. She respects festivals but currently she is irritated because of her incomplete sleep.

As she can't sleep again so she thought of
troubling her monster who must be awake. But she was proven wrong when he didn't picked up his phone even after 3calls. So she stopped calling and thought of distrubing her friends. It's been while she haven't spent time with them.

Much to her dismay even they were busy with their respective partners so she spent her morning with her pets in the parking. It was 10am when her ph rang.

"Good morning" she said with bright smile.

"Sry I was sleeping earlier ..... So didn't pick ur call" he said while drying his hair with towel.

"What? ..... U was sleeping this late?"

"Surprised na ? ...... Even I am" he too agreed to her.

"Manik .... Are you fine ? ..... U didn't take any drug, right?" She was concerned.

"No ..... But since last few days I am sleeping for 6-7 hrs ..... I don't know what happened?".

"I guess it's because of ur therapy ..... Did Eshana gave you any allopathic medicine or something?"

"No she is not interested in medicines ..... And much to my dismay she is going to add meditation in my sessions" he said remembering his last session.

"It hits me differently to imagine Manik Malhotra sitting on floor with eyes closed" she teased him.

"I'm sure I would still look like a Greek God" he boosted himself.

"Manik is Eshana trying to hit on you?" Nandini asked suddenly. She didn't mean to ask this but she can't help and agreed to his earlier self boosting praise.

"No ...... In fact that is bothering me too ...... She is not even affected by my looks ..... And it's not like she is faking it to get me later ..... But she genuinely looks unconcerned about how I look...... That's the first" he said recalling his minute observation.

"Seriously Manik u want to attract her?" she rolled her eyes and he sensed the bit of anger out of insecurity in her tone.

"Nandini I am used to attention and it's so obvious thing ..... Even u have seen how girls go crazy and she's being completely unbothered that looks fishy that's what I was saying ...... Her indifference makes me suspicious of her intentions".

"Self obsessed much" she said mocking  even though she was also having different vibes that day but she don't want him to find reasons to stop the treatment because she has seen Eshana is professional and brilliant in her work.

"I guess she is not straight" he defended himself.

"Not every girl runs behind handsome boys, Manik ..... And may be she have a boyfriend already ..... Don't think much". She stated the possibility.

"Ohh Nandini ..... I'm not any handsome boy ..... I'm the Manik Malhotra even committed girls can't resist me ..... Don't underestimate the charms of this  handsome man" he sounded as if she had hurted his ego.

"Let me correct you ...... This handsome, devilish man is mine ..... All mine ..... Got it?" This time her voice was stern, loud nd clear just like her intentions of keeping him to her which brought small smile on his face as he wore his t-shirt.