Chapter 45

Next day except Manik everyone performed last rituals for Karan so that his soul will rest in peace. It was very hard for everyone to perform rites without anyone from his family when in real he still have his father and brother. But practically it doesn't matter, after the soul leaves body everything becomes meaningless. So person should try everything possible when doing something will give meaning to the deeds.

That day at night Manik got panic attack but he didn't tell anyone about it and after that he never slept, he controlled his emotions pretty well. Not for once he cried or let any emotion make him feel miserable or lonely or guilty. He can't afford to feel anything or else he will die with the exploitation of self loathing.

But he skillfully blocked Nandini by not showing her his face and getting locked up in criminal cell where no one is allowed except from few constables or officers. He was so vexed that he wanted to speak harsh words to her and break whatever relation he has with her so that she won't come to him after getting hurt but one selfish part inside him stopped him from doing that. Because he knows he don't have anyone beside her.

On the other hand she was so done with him. She decided she is not leaving him but she is not going behind him too. She knows he needs her but she can't bear her insult all the time, she has got so many things to deal with and he is making it more difficult for her to survive. This time she will wait for him to come to her and he will also get his space if he wants to be alone to deal with hurt.

She was in deep thoughts, outside the police station when her phone rang showing Abhimanyu's name.

"Nandini sorry ...... I heard what he done" he said from other side.

"Don't be ..... I will handle that jerk later ...... Just use ur force in finding Shrikant ...... See Abhi we just have 12 days ..... We don't have hopes from Manik and we have to punish Shrikant" she said the fact.

"I'm really missing Manik's evil brain ..... It works as fast as speed of light in such matters" he said with frustrating sigh.

"Don't forget u r his assistant ..... Use ur brain it's also trained under evil Manik".

"Yeah we are in need of that ...... So tell me the exact location where u and Shrikant were arguing just before the blast".

"Exactly in front of the main gate of mansion".

"Approximately how much distance ..... Is it under 50 metre ?".

"Yeah probably".

"That's great".

"How?".

"We can get CCTV footage of that area".

"Everything blasted how u r going to get footage".

"Don't worry Manik was very particular about his things ...... So for security purpose he made software engineers forget their food until they linked his house's security with Half Note and wise versa".

"So we can use that proof for his bail ...... But still we need Shrikant in India".

"We will work on that and listen should I start reconstruction of Malhotra Mansion?".

"No ..... I don't want any of us to take decisions on his behalf ..... I mean it's his property so it should remain untouched ..... He can do whatever he want after coming back ..... And also we don't know what he thinks of that place now" she was very particular about this thing of not interfering into forbidden buisness.