Chapter 43

Merry Christmas 🌲🎄🎊🎊

"Sir" Sahil knocked on the door after pressing bell button.

"What is it?" He found Manik's voice little tipsy and also saw the bottle of rum in his hand.

"Someone delivered this" he handed him the envelope.

"Okay ...... Leave".

"Sir .... R u fine?" He hesitated but asked looking at Manik's state. Manik was little baffled.

"Hmm ..... U both can take a leave for today ...... Go nd meet ur family".

"Thank you sir ..... Thank you very much" he thanked wholeheartedly and Manik nodded.

By opening the envelope Manik found few letters, the pages looked old and worn out but one paper was bright and clean with freshly written words on it. So he took that one first to read.

"A filthy little thing must be very happy knowing that u r not my blood.
But don't u think we should be equal?
I have right to be happy by seeing u in pain, no?
Alright, don't worry about it, I have already planned surprise for you.
But before that the little sneak peek into the story of my cheater wife and ur beloved mother."

Manik took deep breaths to control his anger, he wasn't expecting anything less from Shrikant. He has always managed to do the worst possible things with Manik. He was just hoping that maybe his real father loved him or cared for him or at least was happy with his existence. He started reading the old, long, worn out letter sent to his father by his mother.

"Dear Kaushik,
                 Please forgive me for writing you this letter after 11yrs. I should have done this yrs back, may be we would have been in better place. I don't know whether u still remember me or not but I am Neyonika Kapoor/Malhotra. I don't how u will react but we have a son, his name is Manik and he exactly has same features as you. In this age also he is so handsome just like you, you won't even need DNA test to confirm it . But unfortunately my husband isn't treating him well, he never loved him and he was always very arrogant towards him still everything was bearable. But after the death of my younger daughter he started torturing our son, he is physically harming him nd  me also. Our son is suffering from depression and he is victim of my husband's inhumanity. Please help him, please take him somewhere in better place with you. I have always been the worst mother for him. I could never take stand for him neither Shrikant let me love him more than my other two kids, unfortunately he was always my last priority. He was victim of my selfishness too, in my fears and insecurities he lived loveless life. In every circumstances he was the one who suffered and was left alone to feel unwanted. This is the only good thing I can do for him as a mother to let him go with you. Only u can save him and his childhood please before taking any decision thought about him, he was never at fault.

                 I don't have any other way to contact  you and I hope u still live in same house.

This is my number - 915*******
This is my address - Xyz

Contact me soon please.

"Aaahhh" Manik smashed the rum bottle harshly on floor and wailed loudly. His voice echoed in the house which braught Karan into the living room.

"Manikk. ..... What happened?" He ran upto the Manik, stopping him from stepping foot on glass pieces.

"Why no one ever loved me? ...... Was I born as a evil child, that none cared for me? ...... Was I always the monster for everyone that no one treated me like human? ...... Why I was always unwanted by everyone? ...... Was my birth a drunken mistake of my parents?"  His each word pinched Karan's heart, he has no idea what happened to Manik, so suddenly.